4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2013 11:27 AM by max_clark

Is there a parameter to let Netlist analyzer treat objects between specing is very tiny as shorted objects (please  help to vode my idea)

yu.yanfeng

Is there a parameter to let Netlist analyzer treat objects between specing is very tiny as shorted objects

Is there a parameter to let Netlist analyzer treat objects between specing is very tiny as shorted objects. Sometimes, young designers are not so familiar with spacing settings in CAD system. althoug we can check specing in Valor to find the problems, but sometimes many desingers don't like to review specing violations, they just take care to netlist analyzer's result. if there is no short/open, they like to send the data to fab. is there a parameter to let Netlist analyzer treat objects between specing is very tiny as shorted objects, so netlist analyzer will report shorts. of course you can use resize features  to make objects having tiny spacing be shorted but resize is not reliable to gerber data.a testcase with 0.003mil spacing of pad to plane(SR 2591558708 ). If not, I will post the idea. I think this feature will benifits all novice users.

I will post this idea. please help to promote it.

yanfeng