5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2014 1:16 PM by cpage03

CodeBench IDE line breakpoints

cpage03

I may be doing something wrong, but I can't get the Sourcery Codebench IDE debugger to stop on a breakpoint that I add to a source file.  The debugger will stop on a breakpoint added in the disassembly window, but will not stop when added to a line of code.  I was wondering if I am doing something wrong ot if there is a specific setting that needs to be set in my project for this to work.  Thanks.

• 1. Re: CodeBench IDE line breakpoints
          james_patterson

Hi,

Getting a breakpoint to set can depend on a number of things.  You should check that you have debugging information enabled (-g).  Also, is it C or C++? Bare-metal or Linux?,  Application, static or shared library?

• 2. Re: CodeBench IDE line breakpoints
            cpage03

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply to this, I have been off on another project.  I have been able to get line breakpoints to work when I build on my local machine.  If I build on a remote machine and then copy the binaries and code to my PC, I still cannot get line breakpoints to work.  I have tried various ways of changing the source lookup settings under my debug configuration, but the breakpoints still don't work.  Could there be a setting that I am missing?

• 3. Re: CodeBench IDE line breakpoints
              james_patterson

Is it C or C++? Bare-metal tools or Linux tools. Application, static or shared library? Does it work for any of the files?

What error is presented?

Do you see the breakpoint appear in the disassembly view at the same address?

• 4. Re: CodeBench IDE line breakpoints
                kathleen_oliver

Can you sumbit a help request through the product with details of this issue and if possible, a workspace that exhibits this behaviour?  Engineering would like to take a look at this.  You can submit a help request from the IDE by selecting Help > Sourcery CodeBench Support > Create Issue Report.

Thanks!

• 5. Re: CodeBench IDE line breakpoints
                  cpage03

This is both C and C++ running an RTOS and it is just a single binary application.  I believe it has to do with the location of where the files are built.  On the same exact code base, it works if built in the directory of the CodeBench project but doe not work if built on a remote server and then copied into the project directory.  The breakpoint never gets the check mark by it showing that it is applied.  I have a feeling this has something to do with remote building while debugging locally, but I have not been able to find any documentation on how to set up the source lookup for that scenario.  I will check the disassembly the next chance I have and submit a help request.