5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2008 1:32 AM by thanhchi_151

drc error

thanhchi_151

hi everybody

i'm a new user of calibre. I have a problem of calibre drc.I have  x06.drc file for  calibre drc rules file and nands.gds for Input. After running DR, i get a message:

ERROR: Specified Primary cell *nands* is not located within the input layout database.  

***************Calibre Finished With Exit Code 4 *************

Can someone point out where the bug is?

Sincerely,

• 1. Re: drc error
          Wahbi

try the following command to retrieve the right cell name:

• 2. Re: drc error
            James

Calibre doesn't seem to think that cell is in the GDS file. Check the LAYOUT PRIMARY statement in the rules file; are you absolutely sure that the name is correct?

• 3. Re: drc error
              James

Layout peek with -topcells will give you all the topcells in the GDS file. However, if the nand cell is NOT a topcell it won't show up. Better to try and use the -cells option

calibredrv -a puts \[layout peek DIGBLK_v1.gds -cells|peek DIGBLK_v1.gds -cells]\

Which returns the list of cells addhxl and2x2 and2x4 and3x2 and4x1 and4x2 and4x4 and4xl aoi211xl aoi21xl aoi221xl aoi222xl aoi22x1 aoi2bb1x1 aoi2bb2xl aoi31xl aoi32xl aoi33x1 bufx2 bufx3 bufx4 bufx8 bufxl dffnrx1 dffnrx2 dffnrxl dffrhqx2 dffrx1 dffrx2 dffrx4 dffrxl dffshqxl dffsx1 dffsx2 dffsxl invx1 invx12 invx3 invx4 invx8 invxl mx2x2 mx2x4 mxi2x1 mxi2xl nand2bx1 nand2bxl nand2x1 nand2x4 nand2xl nand3bx1 nand3x1 nand3x2 nand3xl nand4bbx1 nand4bx1 nand4x1 nand4xl nor2bx1 nor2x1 nor2x4 nor2xl nor3bx1 nor3x1 nor3x2 nor3xl nor4bbxl nor4bxl nor4x1 nor4xl oai211x1 oai211xl oai21x1 oai21xl oai221x4 oai221xl oai222x1 oai22x1 oai2bb1x2 oai2bb1x4 oai2bb2x1 oai31x1 oai31x4 oai31xl oai32x1 or2x2 or2x4 or2xl or3x1 or4x2 or4xl tbufix1 tbufix2 tbufix4 tbufx3 tbufx4 tbufx8 xnor2x1 xnor2xl xor2x1 xor2x2 xor2xl DIGBLK_drc Then use lsearch or otherwise parse the list for the cell you're looking for. James

• 4. Re: drc error
                chris_balcom
                thanhchi_151 wrote:

hi everybody

i'm a new user of calibre. I have a problem of calibre drc.I have  x06.drc file for  calibre drc rules file and nands.gds for Input. After running DR, i get a message:

> ERROR: Specified Primary cell *nands* is not located within the input layout database.  
                > 
                > ***************Calibre Finished With Exit Code 4 *************
                > 

Can someone point out where the bug is?

Sincerely,

Hi Thanchi,

Are you trying to use wildcards for the cell name? the error message shows asterisk such as: \*nands\*

I would only expect to see that if the rulefile contained something like:

LAYOUT PRIMARY "\*nands\*"

We can't use wildcards like that. The line should read like this:

LAYOUT PRIMARY "nands"

I wonder if it was just a problem in the posting, or if the error message actually looked like that?

kind regards,

-chris

• 5. Re: drc error
                  thanhchi_151

thank everybody

i've found out this problem. i inserted wrong topcell name