1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 12, 2014 11:30 AM by MENTOR_Shannonk

format of csv file for pin import file

david.kalish

I found tech note MG544445 that had some info about the csv file but it was far from complete.  I really needed more example lines and more description as to what soem of the column headings are.

For example, the "pin order" shows R1 and R2, but I don't know what those mean.

For "pin side" what number corresponds to what side (is 1 = left, 2 = right, 3 = top, etc)

I'd also like to see all the pin types defined.  Is an input pin IN or INPUT, is output OUT or OUTPUT, is power PWR or POWER, is ground GND or GROUND?

Is the file case sensitive?

I attached an example of a pin file I'd like to import, and I'd like to know if the format is OK (not including the pin order, which I didn't know what it was) where all pins are on the left except the two output pins

Thanks,

• 1. Re: format of csv file for pin import file
          MENTOR_Shannonk

Pin Order is the order the pins are added to the symbol - R1 is the first pin added to the right side of the symbol. L, T & B are left, top and bottom.

The best method is to create a simple sample symbol that has one of each type of pin, name the pins such that there is no mistake as to their type (and location) and then export that symbol. Now you have a perfectly complete example csv file.