1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 31, 2008 4:45 AM by santiago_cabezas

MCAD integration with Siemens Teamcentre PLM tool

Hi,

I attended the UK PCB expo last week and was pleased to hear about the integration between the ECAD and MCAD worlds. I am using DxDesigner and PADS layout and for some time we have wanted to run this from within our existing mechanical PLM tool. We are mechanically biased and use Siemens NX5 as the 3D CAD tool and Teamcentre as the PLM tool. Apparently the new version of Teamcentre (2008) is due to be released soon that apparently supports the PADS workflow and that the tool will treat a PADS design in a similar fashion to that of a 3D CAD design.

I was wondering if anyone is aware of this development from Siemens and if there is anything that I need to do to ensure that my current Dx/PADS workflow will run within Teamcentre. I did ask the question at the expo (several times) but failed to find any answers.

Many thanks,

John

• 1. Re: MCAD integration with Siemens Teamcentre PLM tool
          santiago_cabezas

John,

Thanks for the post.

Our Electromechanical solution is available with Expedition and Board Station XE flows today. Our ECAD/MCAD collaborator is based on the ProSTEP iVIP standard PSI5. This standard is open to all adopters in both the PLM and ECAD world although we at Mentor were the pioneers and are the first ECAD vendor to have released code based on this standard. Some PLM vendors are in the process of adopting while others, like PTC, have fully adopted. I would recommend that you contact Siemens PLM and see where they are in terms of adopting the standard.

Regards

Santiago Cabezas