Logic doesn't support a 'no-connect' symbol like OrCAD (one of the few things I liked about OrCAD). I've heard that you can make your own 'no-connect' part and connect it. It needs to be 'non-electrical' so in theory it doesn't show up on your BOM and try to ECO to the layout if you have all the settings correct. I haven't tried it.
You can use gates to make heterogeneous parts. For example gate-A can be the power pins and gates B-E can be quad op-amps.
Thanks for Your reply.i got few problem while creating parts(symbol).please clarify following doubts from my side.
1.How to assign the Reference for the symbol.i could not edit the REF label.so i ignored.but i got problem while placing the parts in PADS Logic,because while placing New Reference Designer pop-up has enabled.for every parts i could not assign like that.is there any alternate solution is there
2.is there any script or short cut to assign the first pin as origin.Generally i am assign like that only.
3.while creating all the time U999 is generating normally.what is thjs ?
4.is i need to assign the pin mapping .is it necessary ?? with out pin mapping is it possible to generate netlist ??
1.jpg 58.3 KB
1. In the Part Editor, on the 'Edit Electrical' page, select your refdes prefix in the 'Logic Family' section; the default is 'UND' undefined so you have to enter something everytime you place a part.
2. You define the origin when you define the symbol. There is no script.
3. See #1.
4. The simplest way to map the symbol pins to the decal is with the 'pins' tab on the 'edit electrical' page. If you check 'define mapping of Part Type pin numbers to PCB decal' on the 'general' tab then you can use the 'pin mapping' tab for more features. This is a newer feature of PADS that I haven't figured out the intricacies of yet. It is supposed to be handy for alphanumeric numbering.
Thanks for great Help...!.still i have few doubt...
1.is it possible to find the Pin Name or Pin number ? is there any option is there.(For example while creating High pin count like FPGA symbol for that find the pin no )
2.is there any option for editing pin no and pin name (i think Edit-->part type editor-->pin ) is this correct method ??
3.How to assign the no connection for perticular pin (in orcad i will defined unconnected option but i could not find any thing in pads Logic)
4.how to select ADD PART using Key board command ??
5.is it possible to enter the value of CAP and Resistor (Group of Package to be select and edit the value ) ?? because one by editing value it will take time.
i could not understand your answer 3 point (see #1)
one again i like to thanks to you..PADS Logic is very issue let me suggest me dxdesigner like that only or it is different.
1.jpg 52.2 KB
1. Yes. In the part editor.
2. I've never tried. I typically search through the list. You can sort it by any of the columns (name, number, etc).
3. You've shown what a no connect looks like in 1.jpg; if you want something on the schematic add a note that says 'pin xx is not connected'.
4. I don't know of a way. Maybe someone else does.
5. You can select multiple parts and then <right><click>(attributes) to change an attribute (such as value) to a common value.
Logic or DxD - that's a personal preference. I use both and find Logic much easier to use. There are some nice features in DxD too. I'm mainly designing analog boards or 6-layer boards with a microcontroller; if I was designing PC motherboards I'd probably have a different opinion. 200+ pin parts (FPGAs) do start to get annoying in Logic.
LD is for Logic decals
LN for Lines
PD for Part decals
PT for Part types
While PD is used only in PADS Layout, LD is used in PADS Logic, remaining two files will be common to layout and logic
Thanks for your reply.could you explain how to keep netalias in Pads Logic for that can i keep Label ?? how to set the pin is unconnected pin ??
Logic doesn't have a netalias as I think if it, where you can have two names for the same net.
I just noticed that in Logic you can add an attribute to a net, so you could define a 'netalias' attribute. You'd have to experiment and see if it gets passed to Layout/Router and if it is useful.
thanks for both of you...it is really very helpful for me
is it possible to add off page connectors continously..
what is the short cut for adding parts ??
I'm not sure what you mean by continuously. I add them by hitting <F2> and then <alt><space>, or <right-click>'off page'.
Thanks for your reply.Here i attached picture.i have doubt in adding off page connector for example i need to add address 0-12 (net name like LDADDR0,LDADDR1,...LDADDR12).is it not possible to add continous.while adding i have enter.
another one doubt is it correct added label in picture ???
While i am creating Hetrogenous parts graphical symbol is changing for all the parts can any one please suggest me step by step procedure for creating Hetrogenous Parts....