7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 17, 2018 6:22 AM by 5b700af8-8fda-947a-0100-014d998e30fc

Diff pairs assignement in DxD and CES

milostnik

Hello folks,

I have trouble in the handling of diff pairs in DxD and CES.

If I design a schematic and want to assign a diff pair property to two nets, I can select the net in schematic, open the property window and choose a diff pair net for the selected net.

See picture "Defined_in_DxD_property_window".

Since this is a tedious work, I prefer to use CES. To be sure that CES is properly set up, I package once and in PCB I do a forward backward annotation.

Now I am ready to use CES in DxD.

Wen I open the CES in DxD the net that was already defined in DxD-property window shows up with the correct pair in the CES windows. Using Auto Assign Differential Pairs, I can quickly fill the need CES constraints. See picture defined_in_CES_for_all

To be sure that all is in the right way I open PCB, do a forward and a backward annotation and go back to DxD. Reopoening the sheet and selecting a net that was not previeously defined in DxD but only in CES, I see that the CES table tells me that the net has a diff pair, but the DxD property windows tell me there is no diff pair assignment. See picture defined_in_CES_not_visible_in_DxD.

I would have expected to have the same information in DxD as in CES.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks for any help.

Matija