2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2014 4:47 AM by yu.yanfeng

Query related to Thermal Transient analysis

indu.bala

Hii Sir,

i want to perform transient analysis of the Low side Driver e.g. BTS3256D which has power 5W and is switching every 200 micro-seconds and the switching characteristics are a follows-

Case 1- 0-128 micro second

Power = 0.09 W

Case 2 - 128 - 200 micro second

Power = 0 W

but on setting these conditions for a total transient period of 400 micro seconds I am getting a constant temperature to be 30 deg celsius. It remains unchanged for the total time duration. Kindly help me to perform the transient of this component.

• 1. Re: Query related to Thermal Transient analysis
          indu.bala

Hii Sir,

i want to perform transient analysis of the Low side Driver e.g. BTS3256D which has switching frequency 5 KHz and is switching every 200 micro-seconds and the switching characteristics are a follows-

Case 1- 0-128 micro second

Power = 0.09 W

Case 2 - 128 - 200 micro second

Power = 0 W

but on setting these conditions for a total transient period of 400 micro seconds I am getting a constant temperature to be 30 deg celsius. It remains unchanged for the total time duration. Kindly help me to perform the transient of this component.

• 2. Re: Query related to Thermal Transient analysis
            yu.yanfeng

Hyperlynx thermal  doesn't support to run transient thermal analysis.Y should use  Flotherm solution for transient analyss

yanfeng