3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2014 8:17 PM by sabitha.jamal

Library merge issue for non-symmetrical package

jishenbiao

Hi,friends

I face a issue as the attached pic shows,the non-symmetircal package would not placed in postion when i make the library merge.Any idea on the issue?

I've tried to modify the parameter of library merge interface,like orientation/dubious match/ref layer,But none of them works

2014-02-20_114259.jpg

Above for the attached pic(The VPL should be slightly upside, then the place will be perfect)

• 1. Re: Library merge issue for non-symmetrical package
          sabitha.jamal

Hi Ji

As per my understanding the pad will be aligned based on the pin no1 of Valor Library.. It can't align for all pins at a time for this type of Asymmetric pins .It will align based on the reference pin  only,If we understand well that this pacakage perfectly right you can move manually to align and run the remaining checks ,Let us wait for the experts answer...

Thanks and Regards

sabitha

• 2. Re: Library merge issue for non-symmetrical package
            jishenbiao

Hi,sabitha

tks for your quickly response,i understand the same with you.If it's correct,the soft should develop some algorithm to avoid the poor alignment for the non-symmetrical package, unless make the user to adjust the location manually.I hope there is some good method to solve this issue instead of software revision.

• 3. Re: Library merge issue for non-symmetrical package
              sabitha.jamal

Yes Ji ,In current algorithm takes some heel distance gap and then align the pin 1 from Valor Lib with pin 1 Pad in footprint,Some components does not have the heel distance ,in that case the pin should align on edge of the pad ,if such algorithm is available in tool your issue will be resolved ... I don't get clear idea right now that how it will be implemented in tool ,If you have any idea please post it through Mentor Idea site ,I will vote to promote this.

Thanks and Regards

sabitha