AnsweredAssumed Answered

Width and spacing list in mipt files

Question asked by emiliansg on Oct 28, 2008
Latest reply on Dec 9, 2008 by emiliansg

Hello,

I try to move to mipt files for xRC deck generation. First I've made the deck using tm file and the deck was calibrated successfully. Then I've created a mipt file and loaded it into the interactive environment which converted it into tm file. Everything looks the same instead of the width and spacing lists for the metal layers. In the mipt file, I can enter only the min and max values and no values in between.  I've started calibration of the tm file obtained after mipt2tm convertion and the calibration was terminated during step execute models with the following error:

+Warning! Exec failed $MGC_HOME/pkgs/icxc/pvt/mc2  fs_12.mc2 >> /dev/null+ 
+Reloading master Job list retry #10...+ 
+jobs to execute: 1+ 
+exec: $MGC_HOME/pkgs/icxc/pvt/mc2  fs_12.mc2  start time: Mon Oct 27 11:52:58 2008+
+exec time: 1+ 
+Warning! Exec failed $MGC_HOME/pkgs/icxc/pvt/mc2  fs_12.mc2 >> /dev/null+ 
+Error! Some field solver jobs did not complete - fix input errors or increase number of retries+
+Error! Fatal xCalibrate error; exiting...+
+Error! Some field solver jobs did not complete - fix input errors or increase number of retries+
+Error! Fatal xCalibrate error; exiting...+
+Error! xCalibrate premature capacitance calibration termination due to fatal error+
+/afs/btv/data/rfdkps/cad_tools/mentor/Calibre/2007/.4_30.24-rs_aix53/pkgs/icxc/bin/xcalibrate_flow.tcl: problem in exec'ing ./runfile masterExecModel (CHILDSTATUS 274598 1)+ 

Could it be due to the missing calibration steps for width and spacing? How xcalibrate calculates the models when there is no list for width and spacing and only their min and max values are in the tm file? As we know, it is very important to have a few steps for the min width and spacing which are with most signifficant parasitic capacitance and they are the most cases in a layout. Is it possible to enter steps in mipt files? I have indie tables for all metal layers but I think xcalibrate creates the models based on the values for width and spacing in the tm file.

I use version 2007.4.

Thank you in advance!

Emilian

Outcomes