4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2014 11:52 PM by roger.green

How do I get a message to appear when the NPI license is in use by someone else

roger.green

Hi does anyone know how to get a messager to appear with the name of the user / or machine that is using the license at any one time?

Thanks

• 1. Re: How do I get a message to appear when the NPI license is in use by someone else
          max_clark

Roger,

Are you asking is there a way to have a response to what system is using a specific license when it is denied?

Regards,

Max

• 2. Re: How do I get a message to appear when the NPI license is in use by someone else
            roger.green

Max

Yes we have 1 NPI license and 8 machines that can access the license, so it would be good to see who has it. If that possible.

Roger Green

Designer / Security Controller

Advanced Layout Solutions Ltd

Fronds Park, Frouds Lane,

Aldermaston, Reading,

Berkshire, RG7 4LH, UK

+44 (0) 118 971 1935( DDI )

+44 (0) 118 971 1930 (Main Line)

+44 (0) 118 971 1931 ( Fax )

<http://www.alspcb.com/> www.alspcb.com

<http://www.signalintegrityanalysis.com/> www.signalintegrityanalysis.com

Reg Office: Fronds Park, Frouds Lane, Aldermaston, Reading, Berkshire,RG7 4LH, England.   Company Reg No. 3028257

The information contained in this message is legally privileged and confidential information intended for the eyes of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by telephone.

Think green, keep it on screen

• 3. Re: How do I get a message to appear when the NPI license is in use by someone else
              max_clark

Roger,

I looked briefly into LMTOOLS to see if the FlexLM application could provide you this information.   The only place I see a recorded event is in the licensing log file.  I could not come up with something simplier to just list the used licenses by hostname.  But I there still may be away to do it.

If you want the application to provide this ability, then what you are asking for is an enhancement.  Mentor has an IDEA site specifically in place for this type of activity.

The location for Valor NPI is https://mentorideas.brightidea.com/valor.

Between releases this site is reviewed for customer based input.  On the site other users also vote on your IDEA providing us feedback on how the user community views the need.  We can also use it for a discussion board on the topic.  I have found in very useful when discussing needs with customer.  You can also see what IDEAs are planned on review the status of what you might have suggested.

This community site is intented to provide quick guidance on the application in a way that others may also respond.  You might still get a good suggestion on how to acquire this information using an existing means.

However if you are asking for an enhancement to applicaiton, can I request of you to go to the IDEAs site through the link above and enter this suggestion into there.

Thanks,

Max Clark

• 4. Re: How do I get a message to appear when the NPI license is in use by someone else
                roger.green

Max

Thanks I will go and add a request on the IDEA site. I asked I case I had missed something in the set up that allowed for this.

Roger Green

Designer / Security Controller

Advanced Layout Solutions Ltd

Fronds Park, Frouds Lane,

Aldermaston, Reading,

Berkshire, RG7 4LH, UK

+44 (0) 118 971 1935( DDI )

+44 (0) 118 971 1930 (Main Line)

+44 (0) 118 971 1931 ( Fax )

<http://www.alspcb.com/> www.alspcb.com

<http://www.signalintegrityanalysis.com/> www.signalintegrityanalysis.com

Reg Office: Fronds Park, Frouds Lane, Aldermaston, Reading, Berkshire,RG7 4LH, England.   Company Reg No. 3028257

The information contained in this message is legally privileged and confidential information intended for the eyes of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by telephone.

Think green, keep it on screen