9 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2014 7:47 PM by Vincent_Pinto

Taking long Time to import DSI file........?

manojk

Hi,

I am Manoj. While importing any DSI file in Vesys 2.0 Its taking long time(nearly 3 hours) to import . But if once file gets imported first time after that next files are importing normally and quickly untill I close Vesys 2.0. At the same time XML files are importing quickly. Can you guys help us to rectify this problem.....!

This is my Service Pack detail.

Capture.JPG

• 1. Re: Taking long Time to import DSI file........?
          Vincent_Pinto

I have tested in 12.1 SP1312 with the Bridge Error.dsi you attached in a different thread. I did the fix indicated by Kamal, and it imports as normally as any other file.  Could you please file an SR, and attach the dsi file, <VeSys_Install>\adaptors\bridgeconfig.xml, and <VeSys_Install>\adaptors\resources\vesys_bridge.properties.

• 2. Re: Taking long Time to import DSI file........?
            manojk

Hi Vincent,

I have attached DSI file, bridgeconfig.xml and vesys_bridge.properties. And I dont know what is mean by SR. So I didnt mentioned about it. If you know why vesys 2.0 is not importing DSI file and its happening after importing 3D xml file imported.

• 3. Re: Taking long Time to import DSI file........?
              Vincent_Pinto

The DSI file you've supplied does not have the first Harness Description Information section!  This is very odd. You will need to figure out why it is missing. I can't imagine that VeSys Classic does not include section 1!    Are you perhaps using some post-processing utility that might have resulted in the the section getting deleted?

As a test, copy the section one from http://communities.mentor.com/message/48808 into the DSI you've submitted in this thread, make the fix indicated by Kamal, and the dsi will import.

An SR is a Service Request you can file at https://supportnet.mentor.com/.

• 4. Re: Taking long Time to import DSI file........?
                manojk

Hi Vincent,

That file is importing in another system. It is not importing in my system. Not only that DSI file , every DSI files are not importing in my system. If I tried to import any DSI file it start importing like Shown in image, and importing is not get complete. I have waited for more than 2.30 hours, but there no response. This problem was coming from the day I was imported 3D xml file. Other systems are working fine except the system in which 3D xml file imported system. I have attached repaired file with this reply. But it is not importing in my system.

Capture.JPG

• 5. Re: Taking long Time to import DSI file........?
                  Vincent_Pinto

I have tested the latest dsi file (26 Mar) in 2012.1 SP1312 and it works. You additionally have HF1. Could HF1 have caused the problem?

Please find out the Release Number of the other system where it worked. If HF1 is not installed (i.e. it is at SP1312 or lower), it is very likely that HF1 has caused the problem. You should file an SR and discuss the issue with Mentor Customer Support.

If the other system is at a higher number SP1402, the issue has been resolved, and you should install SP1402.

But if the other system is at the same Release Number as you, please file the SR.

• 6. Re: Taking long Time to import DSI file........?
                    manojk

Other system also having the same Service Pack. But DSI files gets importing in those system. I would like file SR.

• 7. Re: Taking long Time to import DSI file........?
                      Vincent_Pinto

I don't mean to be picky but precise terminology is appreciated. SP1312 is the service pack.  HF1 is a hotfix patch that was later installed to fix something that existed in SP1312.  Does the other system also have an HF1 installed on top of the Service Pack SP1312?  When you do a Help > About on the other machine, is there an HF1 at the end of that Release Number, or does it end just with SP1312?  If it does have the hotfix patch HF1 like you do, but which I don't, then clearly something odd is going. When you file the SR, please copy the link of this discussion.

Please dont misunderstand me. You say the other system has the same Service Pack. This means to us it has SP1312. So do I and it works. You too have SP1312 but it doesnt work. This is because you have HF1 installed after SP1312, and it could be causing the problem. Or possibly the other machine is on 32bit and you are on 64bit, or vice versa. Or perhaps one is on XP, the other is on something else. CSD and QA will need to pursue this, so that SR is the best way to now go forward.

• 8. Re: Taking long Time to import DSI file........?
                        manojk

You are right Vincent, other system having different service pack. And I have updated my service pack as like in other system, but still I am getting same problem. And I dont have access to file SR.

Thats why I didnt file SR till now.

• 9. Re: Taking long Time to import DSI file........?
                          Vincent_Pinto

To file the Service Request (SR), your company will need to be on maintenance, which seems to me it is. Your admin will have access to file the SR, or should be able to create one for you.

1 of 1 people found this helpful