3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 26, 2014 2:41 AM by robert_davies

Problems with packaging multi-gate parts

Jowosammadenn

After working with previous versions of the software I have some problems with DxDesigner EE7.9.5.

One of these problems:
      I had a lot of unused gates of some multi-gate parts. So I assigned the reference designators of these parts manually. Now when packaging I get a lot of errors like

ERROR: Block ..!...-3, Page ..., Symbol $1I3411:<!#!><objindex>576463763263424530</objindex>
            Reference designator/pin number conflict.
            The symbols with Reference Designator IC27 have a
              packaging conflict because this symbol has pin 16
              connected to net ... while:

INFO: Block ...!...-3, Page ..., Symbol $2I296:<!#!><objindex>576464037953405574</objindex>
            Reference designator/pin number conflict. (cont.).
            shows the same pin connected to net ....  Please either
              correct the error manually or remove a Reference Designator
              or Pin Number (for multi-gate parts) to force one of these
              symbols to be repackaged.

I understand what it means: The gate is used twice. But what to do now? As recommended in the INFO message I deleted some pin numbers but I think it did not help much. Do I have to delete all pin numbers of one of the gates or just one pin number?

I probably could manually assign the slots with the pdbslot command, but I really would prefer that the software does that automatically. What other possibilities are there to tell the packager it should keep the reference designator but choose the slots automatically?

Regards,
      J.