Here's a simple way I use to count the parts in a Library.
- Export the entire component library.
- Edit the library xml file using a "suitable" tool (see below)
- Replace this string "part>" with this string "part*>"
- The number of reported replacements corresponds to the number of parts in the library
- When you exit the editor DON'T SAVE the file.
What do I mean by "suitable" tool? Not all editing tools provide you with a replacement count after execution of the Replace All command. I use XMLSpy. My versions of Notepad and Wordpad don't seem to provide the count function so you may need to do some testing to find a suitable editor.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
An alternative method is to perform a search in VeSys Components with no criteria. This will return every single part number in the Components Library.
You can then use the shift key to select the entire list and copy and paste the list into MS Excel.
From Excel highlight one of the columns and the count will show up in the bottom right.
So actually there is no direct option in the tool to find total number of components. If you dont mine can you explain your method to count total number of compenents in the Vesys component library.
Thanks and Regards
Thanks for your help. Your attached screen shots will be usefull for me to count total components in library. I think mentor graphics need to add this type of features in future.