5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 29, 2014 1:19 PM by kirbstone

Symbol area's filled in for some reason

kirbstone

Hi,

I have an engineer who changed some of his schematic setup settings which changed how the resister shows up in the schematic and now I can't get the symbol in the schematic to look like a normal resister. I tried bringing in a new resistor from databook but the resistor looks good until it shows up in the schematic, the lines are filled in. I think it has something to do with display objects but nothing seems to work. Has anyone see this happen before?

Regards

Kirby

• 1. Re: Symbol area's filled in for some reason
          robert_davies

Not much to go on, can you provide a screenshot and get any info from the engineer about what he changed?

• 2. Re: Symbol area's filled in for some reason
            Alex_Grange

Hey Kirby,

It sounds like the engineer may have changed the option within the Display Objects tab of the Settings Dialog box from Hollow to Solid. This means that when you place the symbol into the schematic it will automatically fill with the default color. I do not know how you have created this symbol, but I would check if I have either Lines or Box's set to Solid instead of hollow. You can also set a line to be solid within the instance of the Symbol in symbol editor, so make sure nobody has changed the symbol to have a solid fill.

Regards,

Alex

• 3. Re: Symbol area's filled in for some reason
              kirbstone

Hi Alex,

Everything worked before he changed some settings so we just tried changing the settings back to Hollow but that did not work. I also tried removing his DxDesigner.xml file to force it to reread the company standard .xml file but that didn’t work.

The funny part is that it only happens to this one design all the other designs do not have this issue. Is it possible to force a refresh on the design some how?

Regards

Kirby

• 4. Re: Symbol area's filled in for some reason
                Alex_Grange

Hi Kirby,

From the sounds of it, it appears that the symbol was placed with the Solid fill and was saved to the cache. There are a couple of ways to update the cache, but the quickest fix (if you are not dealing with many symbols) is to delete the offending symbol then close and re-open DxDesigner.

If you are still are encountering a problem I would suggest you open a ticket on SupportNet, if you have a Support contract. The support engineer will be able to dig deeper into your issue and get you sorted. If that is not an option you can contact me directly on my email below:

alex_grange@mentor.com

Regards,

Alex

• 5. Re: Symbol area's filled in for some reason
                  kirbstone

Hi Alex,

The Engineer left for the day so I will check this out first thing in the morning.

Regards

Kirby