5 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2014 7:59 AM by Nuri

FormBoard layout

scott4

What's the best way to handle long nodes distances on a full scale formboard?  we using an E size plotter so we can print 36 wide and x long but I'm having problem getting the nodes to layout correctly.

• 1. Re: FormBoard layout
          yoda

We export the scale harness sheets as a dxf file. open this with Autodesk TrueView and you can print 1:1 from there.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jason.

• 2. Re: FormBoard layout
            scott4

Thanks for the reply but the issue is not in printing but in the layout, if you have a harness with 25 nodes and 3 of them are 300 inches long what the best way to make them fit to scale on a E size plot, my max formboard area is 36X200. In order to maximizes production we try to make the formboards as small as possible.  

• 3. Re: FormBoard layout
              Nuri

Have you created print regions?  You could paste them together on your target board.

Regrads,

Nuri

• 4. Re: FormBoard layout
                scott4

That a possible solution but there should be a way to  manipulate the nodes around the fourm board so we can have a continues run. this is also used as a process check to insure proper wire length. I have attached a not to scale drawing that I would like to create a fourm board for but not having much luck creating S bends on the long runs.

• 5. Re: FormBoard layout
                  Nuri

Hi,

Are you using the bundle pallet in VeSys 2.0 Harness to create the bundle bends, it should let you quickly add your "S" shapes on your full scale harness.

Thanks,

Nuri