1 Reply Latest reply on May 16, 2014 3:52 AM by olsmir

How to reset the OVERRIDEN status from the Plane Shape?

olsmir

Hello All.

Does anybody know how to use Automation to reset the OVERRIDEN (yellow color) status from the Plane Shape placed on the PCB in ExpeditionPCB?

For example, I have a lot of Plane Shapes in my PCB marked yellow color in Plane Shape properties (i.e. Overriden), and now I want to automatically reset this status from all of them.

I tried the following script:

For Each shapeObj In doc.PlaneShapes

If (shapeObj.PlaneClass.HasOverrides) Then

Set classObj = shapeObj.PlaneClass
                   shapeObj.PlaneClass = classObj   'Re-assign the same PlaneClass and expect the Overriden status will be reset

End If

Next

However, the status of all my overrided Plane Shapes remained Overrided.

What am I doing wrong?

Regards,

Oleg

• 1. Re: How to reset the OVERRIDEN status from the Plane Shape?
          olsmir

I attempted a more dramatic approach: create the new Plane Shapes based on the properties of existing Plane Shapes, then delete the existing Plane Shapes:

For Each shapeObj In doc.PlaneShapes

If (shapeObj.PlaneClass.HasOverrides) Then

FORMA = shapeObj.Geometry.PointsArray(epcbUnitCurrent)
                 Call doc.PutPlaneShape(shapeObj.Layer, 1+ubound(FORMA,2), FORMA, shapeObj.Net, shapeObj.ObstructType,,,, Nothing, epcbUnitCurrent)
                 shapeObj.Delete

End If

Next

Here I achieved my goal: "Override" status has been reset. But the new problems have arised:

There is no PlaneClass among the properties of doc.PutPlaneShape() method.

And with the advent of PlaneClass mechanism, the HatchPattern, HatchWidth and HatchDistance among the properties of doc.PutPlaneShape() method look obsolete.

Also, doc.PutPlaneShape() method has two duplicated properties: ObstructType and RouteObstructed.

So I think it is dangerous to use the above approach, for resetting "Override" status.