1 Reply Latest reply on May 20, 2014 6:11 AM by chuckt

PADS Layout : Descripency in dimension between the label text configured and actual text in layout

Luckii

In my design I have defined reference designator dimension in part label properties as 1.016mm ( 40mils) and 0.254 mm ( 10mils).Whereas the actual height measured in design is 0.67 mm ( 26.4 mils)  and width as 0.16mm ( 4.2 mils). There is descripency in dimension between the defined value and actual value in the board. Is text is generated based on some logic or anything is missing in the dimension definition.

descri.png

• 1. Re: PADS Layout : Descripency in dimension between the label text configured and actual text in layout
          chuckt

Before the introduction of True Type fonts in PADS the text height was always smaller than the defined height property... not really, it was (is) correct for the tallest character in the font, "#".

The True type fonts that I've checked don't have differing heights between the characters so this shouldn't have been a problem. I think PADS didn't want the normal characters to change height significantly when you change the font form PADS Stroke or Romansim to a TT font, so we're stuck with short font now for lagacy reasons.

c