7 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2014 2:35 PM by premm

calibre drc for one rules of rules_file?

premm

Hi,

Is it possible to run calibre drc for one/few rules from a full rules_file?

Intention is to check particular layer for DRC and save runtime.

Thanks in advance,

prem

• 1. Re: calibre drc for one rules of rules_file?
          chris_balcom

Hi Prem,

There are many different ways to do this. How are you working with Calibre right now... through the Calibre Interactive GUI, or working with SVRF rule files you can edit if you like, and maybe running batch DRC jobs? Depending on how you are already working with it I I should be able to offer some ideas to accomplish what you want easily.

Best regards,

-chris

• 2. Re: calibre drc for one rules of rules_file?
            premm

Hi Chris,

I run it in batch mode and editing SVRF is not recommended in our environment.

Could you please suggest a command line switch while invoking or a setting,

through which I should be able to pass 'rule names' that are to be checked at that moment.

Thanks

Prem

• 3. Re: calibre drc for one rules of rules_file?
              premm

Hi Chris,

Did you happen to figure out a fix for my requirement. I am running through full SVRF file presently, It would help to reduce TAT.

Any fix to get this done is much appreciated. Do let me know, I can give it a try and get back.

Thanks

Prem

• 4. Re: calibre drc for one rules of rules_file?
                chris_balcom

Hi Prem,

If you're limited to batch mode, can't use Calibre Interactive, and can't add anything to the rule file, maybe you can try creating a new rule file with just a few lines in it. The DRC SELECT CHECK statement is used for selecting only certain checks for your run. You can put these statements in a new rule file and then use the INCLUDE statement to include the contents of your whole original rule file as well.

Here's a link to a video in case your rule file is very complex and you decide to use more sophisticated check selection techniques that Calibre Interactive GUI supports (check selection recipes for instance)

How to Select Specific Checks for a Calibre DRC Run

Best regards,

-chris

• 5. Re: calibre drc for one rules of rules_file?
                  premm

Chris,

Much Thanks. Interactive running did help to analyze db for selected rules.

My requirement is run DRC for couple of metal layers, so interactive running is working for now.

For hypothetical case of requirement to repeat this in batch mode, why cant I use below variables to meet my present requirement?

DRC SELECT CHECK

DRC UNSELECT CHECK

Thanks,

Pren

• 6. Re: calibre drc for one rules of rules_file?
                    chris_balcom

Those are "statements" that you could use inside a rule file, they aren't really variables that you could set in your environment and then expect them to be automatically used. So those statements you mentioned could be used in your rule file, or even in a new rulefile if you don't want to edit your golden rule file, but rather just use the "include" statement in your new rule file to reference the golden rule file. the Calibre Interactive GUI creates a "control file" that you may be seeing... it then "includes" your original rule file, and the statements you mentioned are used along with your golden or original rule file.

• 7. Re: calibre drc for one rules of rules_file?
                      premm

Chris,

Understood. Thanks.

-

Prem