4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2014 2:34 AM by robert_davies

property display disable

agxinmj

Hai,

I have a schematic of 180 pages  high dense board  I need to provied a pdf to the coustomer for reviev

I need to hide some properties from being displayed in the schematic for all the pages

eg (part number of components, part label of components ,part description of components )

how to hide all these properties displayed for all the components in all the 190 sheets simultaneously with a simple method

insted of doing it paga by page ?

Regards

AGXIN MJ

• 1. Re: property display disable
          yu.yanfeng

On Exporting PDF, GUI,  there is an option " add popup menu on comonents". If you don't like your customer see components' full properties,

don't check this option on. If those property values are in schematic cavas, you need use Find/replace to select those properties and make it invisble in schematic level first. If you just wanna some of proverties not be in PDF, you need to use Find/Replace those properties with null.

yanfeng

• 2. Re: property display disable
            agxinmj

Hai,

I dont want to replace the property to null , I just want to hide it in the schematic ,to avoid too much of text information in a schematic

and to make the schematic look good ,I selected the entire page and hide the properties in the properties winow ,but how to do this for all pages in the schematic ? instead of selecting one by one and hiding

Regards

AGXIN J

• 3. Re: property display disable
              yu.yanfeng

just click menu edit->find/repalce, find the property name and disable value dispaly in the properties box.

yanfeng

• 4. Re: property display disable
                robert_davies

If you don't want these properties to show up when you first place the symbol/part then make sure they are set to invisible in the symbol definition (edit them in the symbol editor). If you need to turn some items on then the setting can be overridden at the schematic level for just the parts where you want to show such properties. From what you say of the properties you wish to turn off, it seems you have them all set to visible in the symbol definition in the library. This won't help you in this design but should ensure future designs are much less cluttered.