1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 5, 2014 5:56 AM by robert_davies

page connectors

agxinmj

Hai,

I have  a doubt regarding the usage of connectors

I connected a net  (ABDF) to a pin in  an ic in the ist block  the net is connected to the another  IC in the third block ,so I used hierarchical connectors;

initially , when I connect this net with the hierarchical connector ,I took the symbol of input connector from dx data book and connected the symbol to the net as shown

now the net name is automatically assigned to the connector name

now I renamed the net to (QWER) but my connector still retains the previous name(ABDF) how to make the connector get updated with the new net name automatically by renaming the name in the net what should I Do for the connector name to get syncronized with the net name automatically for all the page connectors .

thanks and Regards

AGXIN MJ

• 1. Re: page connectors
          robert_davies

There isn't an automated way of doing this as we support the ability for a net to have a different name to the port it connects to, the interface is defined at the parent block pin level. If you change the net name you will need to change the port name manually (if this  is what you want), or change the pin on the block and use the Add Missing Ports command to resolve any issues. There are plenty of discussions on the use of ports and pin connectors on this forum and within the help.

See this thread:

http://communities.mentor.com/message/10692#10692