dipakdesign

Why does Mentor not listen to its customers regarding it DX Designer database files system.

Discussion created by dipakdesign on Jun 10, 2014
Latest reply on Jun 12, 2014 by Jack

Hello

I have one question Why does Mentor not listen to its customers regarding it DX Designer database files system.

Mentor Royally messed up Dx Designer with the messed up database file system instead of a single files system for schematic capture I am not talking about all it simulation stuff. Even cadence with it’s Allegro product did not touch it’s Orcad schematic product but Mentor in it infinite wisdom decided to revamp the Dx Designer product and Royally messed it up.

In doing so they lost many customers big one and small I guess that is progress.

So I would like to really know honestly how many people would rather use Orcad or Pads logic over Dx Designer.

I hope the CEO of Mentor see this message since the few people in charge of Dx Designer at mentor really don’t care.

It is ok to say we made a mistake and redo the tool to have a single Schematic file, don’t let your ego’s come in the way. You can keep calling it the best tool out there.

The only reason they can say a lot of people use Dx Designer is because the bundle it with PADS ES suit now, I am quite sure most people that use PADS Layout ( Great Tool) don’t use Dx Designer.

This is why Altium is taking business away from you and you don’t seem to notice but I think you don’t care.

Outcomes