If you do file new library symbols you should have an option to launch the Symbol Wizard to create fractured symbols.
As you know, the symbol editor itself can read CSV files, In some cases I have created a master CSV file, and then split into each facture to import the CSV files directly into the symbol editor for each desired fracture.
I've attached my Symbol from pinlist template for Excel to help create error free symbols.
SymbolFromPinListTemplate.xltm 33.3 KB
1 of 1 people found this helpful
I find it interesting that the treatment of fractured Symbols in the Symbol Wizard is not part of the documentation you linked. We are also creating very large symbols for FPGAs. We found experimentally how to create the fractures:
- Start the Symbol Wizard and select Fracture
- In step 5 of 5 (Pin Settings) Create the fracture names either at the top (Add a Hetero Type III fracture button) or at the bottom (+ symbol). The names will be the symbol names that are created so be careful
- If you made a single CSV file for the symbol with a column for the fracture name, use Excel Data Filter to select only those rows for the target fracture and copy to clipboard.
- Back in the Symbol Wizard navigate to the target fracture and paste the clipboard into the cell under Pin Name
- Repeat the process for each fracture. Make sure the created fracture names match what you have in the spreadsheet for column 5 (Fracture Name)
- After all fractures are created click Finish.
- The base fracture will have no pins, click Yes to the dialog to create the symbol anyway and you can later delete the empty symbol
Possible improvements would be creating the fracture names automatically from the CSV file and populating each fracture automatically. But at least it works!