1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 28, 2014 5:59 AM by andy.freebody

DxDataBook and Windchill....

wbeck

We are looking for a way to control our library.  I have very little knowledge of Mentor products, so I am looking for some direction.  Now my EE group would like to purchase Omnify Data.  Based on what I see it has a lot of overlap to our current PLM system Windchill.  I would like to keep our BOM, Docs, and ECO information in one location.  I have been told the best part of this Omnify tool is the C3 part of it.  This helps control your parts library and allows vendors a way in.  I would like input from some users that are using this Omnify tool or from someone that is using Windchill to do these same things.

• 1. Re: DxDataBook and Windchill....
          andy.freebody

There is a distinct difference between component information managment and library management.  Library management is best left to the EDA tools i.e. Library Manager for the EE flow.  The component information can be mastered on either side, but consider that the technical parameters about a part are best managed from the engineering side while the logistics information is best mastered from the business end whcih means that you'll need to merge the two together at some point to create a complete representation of the part.  Where you decide to mege the data together depends on who is going to consume that data...