2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2014 9:23 AM by scastel

Wrong Data Shows in Drill Chart

scastel

I have partial vias in a simple 4-layer board.  The four symbols show up on the board when I do the preview.  However, the drill chart only shows a quantity of three when obviously there are four instances.  When I do an "Augment Drill Table" it changes to a 4 in the qty column. but then when I preview again it is back to a 3 again.  I have plyed with turning layers on/off pads and vias on/off.  I don't know what else to try.  I have never seen this problem in all my years of working with PADS products so it's prbably something new that I don't have the box checked for, LOL.

Attached a pdf.  It is the hourglass symbol qty. giving me such a problem.

• 1. Re: Wrong Data Shows in Drill Chart
          MENTOR_BillT

You'll want to make sure that you have layer 3 or layer 4 added and a check mark for vias enabled.  You need to have at least one layer that every partial via start on, passes through or ends on. Having either layer 3 or layer 4 would account for your 3-4 partial via.

9-2-2014 12-13-23 PM.png

• 2. Re: Wrong Data Shows in Drill Chart
            scastel

Thanks.  Had all of that.  Decided to ascii out again while I was waiting.  New database did not have the problem. On Friday I did this three times.  Not sure what the magic was today.  Just when you think you’ve seen it all….

Anyway, thanks for the response!  I so appreciate having this life line when I’m at wits end!  Have a great day ☺