4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2014 4:57 AM by Arunraj

Hatch width in Expedition

Arunraj

Hi All,

Is there any possibility to create to different hatch width for a net?

What I meant to say is, for constraint area or rule area I need minimum hatch width and in the master area or other area I need some more hatch width.

- Arunraj

• 1. Re: Hatch width in Expedition
          MikeD

Is this what you mean? Shown are Default (solid), Hatch and Hatch2.

Mike

hatch.png

• 2. Re: Hatch width in Expedition
            Arunraj

Not exactly..

I want two different hatch widths for a net (same net) at two different region with 100% metal

For example,

I have minimum rule area (minimum DRC's) and remaining areas are master area (maximum DRC's)., In the minimum rule area I want to make hatch width as minimum (5 mils) and in the master area it should be more (10 mils)

All these things I want to do to make better DFM. Hope I explained correctly or else let me know

-Arunraj  

• 3. Re: Hatch width in Expedition
              MikeD

These are the same net and use a different hatch width. The left has Plane Class of Hatch1 (.025) and the other one is Plane Class Hatch2 (.005), both are GND.

Is that what you mean?

mdPlaneClass.png

• 4. Re: Hatch width in Expedition
                Arunraj

You made it with two different shapes for same net.. I want to make it with single plane shape which should discover .005 (hatch 2 ) in minimum rule area and .025 (Hatch1) in master area.

I don't want to make two plane shapes for same net. Its a tedious progress of placing two shapes where i have Lots of power at the DUT and the device is .35 mm pitch with flip drill technology.