6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2014 9:51 PM by agxinmj

Plane to plane clearance

Rapport

I want to set plane to plane clearance outside the rule area with one value and inside the rule area with different value. Unable to edit the plane to plane clearance value inside the rule area. How to do this?

• 1. Re: Plane to plane clearance
          yu.yanfeng

Only recent versions of Xpedition support to define plane2plane spacing value in the rule area.

Yanfeng

• 2. Re: Plane to plane clearance
            Rapport

Dear yu.yanfeng,

Thanks for your information. I want to know whether this can be resolved through scripting?

• 3. Re: Plane to plane clearance
              kumarantls

which version you are using ? In new version you assign

in CES plane to plane creation rule available. you create new scheme assign one type of clearance. then asign one type of clearance in master scheme in  CES

• 4. Re: Plane to plane clearance
                Rapport

You cannot edit the plane to plane clearance other master rule. What you set in master rule for plane to plane clearance will be same for rule area also and it is not editable. Also I want to use different Hatch width inside the rule and master area. Is it possible?

• 5. Re: Plane to plane clearance
                  Arunraj

I agree with Rapport.. Same hatch width is becoming a big glitch. I too asking for different hatch width for a single plane shape but till its unanswered.. I'm adding two plane shapes for same net, One is for rule area and another one is for master to make two different hatch widths but its a tedious process when we have more number of powers to go with!

And the plane to plane clearance, we cant make two different clearance we have draw manually with more spacing on the master areas! Nothing to do

Hoping mentor should identify and resolve this soon

- Arunraj

• 6. Re: Plane to plane clearance
                    agxinmj

Hai

If you need two different hatch width for a single plane

1. create to separate plane class with corresponding hatch width settings ,assign the nets that need planes in plane assignments

2. draw the planes in the pcb and click over the plane shapes and select the class corresponding to the hatch width and select locked in the plane properties

3.draw the second plane shape in the pcb for the same net choose the plane properties  and assign to the class corresponding to the second hatch width

4. after this don't try to change the plane class in the plane assignment settings

regards

AGXIN.J