2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2014 7:47 AM by wolferm

xDM Land Pattern Creator capabilities vs PADS Decal Editor

wolferm

With the VX release we now have the Land Pattern Creator. I see the Land Pattern Creator has the ability to create D shaped pads.

When looking at the part in the PADS decal editor this is accomplished with a circular pad at the center & what appears

to be an un-editable D-Shape on top of it. If one then in PADS needed to add a pad to this decal it does not appear possible.

One would need to start over in the Land Pattern Creator to accomplish this.

Question, is this true or am I missing something in PADS?

This D-Shape does not appear to even be able to select to move it etc.

• 1. Re: xDM Land Pattern Creator capabilities vs PADS Decal Editor
          kbak

The D-shape pad is created by associating a D-shaped copper piece with the round pad.

If you want to modify the size of the D-shaped pad you first need to select the pad > RMB and select unassociate.

Then you can modify it as you do with normal copper shapes.

When finished you need to associte the copper to the pin again.

It is possibly to move the pad without unassociating it.

Search for 'Associate' in PADS Layout help to get more info.

regards

Klaus

• 2. Re: xDM Land Pattern Creator capabilities vs PADS Decal Editor
            wolferm

Klaus,

Oh very good, yes at first I could not select the D-Shape at all other than with "Anything" filter. In looking at it I totally did not think of copper shape

with the way it was behaving. Yes associated copper. Of course shape is there for top, paste & soldermask, so need to un-associate all.

I forgot about this functionality.

I now see this could be a very huge pain dealing with shapes for Top, Top Paste & Top Soldermask with associations if not done with the LP Creator.

Thanks for the help.

Bob