11 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2017 1:45 PM by dgroen

Pads LOGIC: how to escape from Tools-Customize Menu

FS

Hi,

I entered into Customize Menù (under "Tools")...but now I'm not able to go out from this function.

The only way that I find it "CTRL+ALT+CANC" :-(

Can you help me?

In the PADS LOGIC GUIDE is not Write !!!!!

• 1. Re: Pads LOGIC: how to escape from Tools-Customize Menu
          jduquette

Are you trying to exit the dialog with a keyboard command instead of clicking the 'close' button with a mouse?  You can tab until the 'Close' button is highlighted and then hit <Enter>. 

If not contact tech support; you may have an install issue.  It is always good to post what version are you using; that helps narrow down the sources.

• 2. Re: Pads LOGIC: how to escape from Tools-Customize Menu
            FS

Hi,

I have PADS LOGIC 9.5.

what I mean is that when I enter the "customize mneù" I can not get out.
            What should I do to get out of this mode?
            if I press the right or left mouse button, no menu appears.

• 3. Re: Pads LOGIC: how to escape from Tools-Customize Menu
              jduquette

Isn't that what you see?

• 4. Re: Pads LOGIC: how to escape from Tools-Customize Menu
                FS

no, it's this the menù: after push this buttom I'm not able to return to work into pads logic. Capturecustoim.JPG

• 5. Re: Pads LOGIC: how to escape from Tools-Customize Menu
                  jduquette

Right.  When I push the Customize you have circled in red I get the dialog box that I showed.  What do you get? 

• 6. Re: Pads LOGIC: how to escape from Tools-Customize Menu
                    FS

AFTER push "Customize", I'm not able to go out from customize menù: so , after, I'n mot able to work into pads logic.

What do I need to do to return to work into pads logic (for example all function are not able because I'm inside customize menù".)

• 7. Re: Pads LOGIC: how to escape from Tools-Customize Menu
                      jduquette

So what happens after you hit 'customize'?  Is the customize dialog box that I showed not appearing on your screen?  It might be at coordinates off the screen.  There is a iniitialization file that defines the coordinates for the dialog boxes but I can't find it at the moment.  Hopefully someone else will know the file. 

• 8. Re: Pads LOGIC: how to escape from Tools-Customize Menu
                        FS

Yes, I thinks that this is the problem.

The customize dialog box not appearing on my screen.

Can you inser here an image of this dialog box.

Where do I can reset the coordinate of this box?

• 9. Re: Pads LOGIC: how to escape from Tools-Customize Menu
                          FS

The problem is that I changed setup of two monitor (reverse primary with secondary monitor position).

So the position of dialog box was hide in the "old position monitor".

So I solved to reloaded old "LCS screen position".

Other way can be (but I not sure) to open file "powerlogic.ini" and change number where is write:

[main window]

Maximized=0

Xpos=50  <--------

Ypos=53  <-------

Width=1100

BUT I'M NOT SURE !!!!

• 10. Re: Pads LOGIC: how to escape from Tools-Customize Menu
                            jduquette

Just below [main window] in powerlogic.ini is the location of the [dialog] boxes. 

[dialogs]

Display Colors - Position=705 332 -1 -1

Status - Position=829 406 -1 -1

So the upper left corner of my 'Display Colors dialog box will appear at pixel 705, 332.  I don't see a line specifically calling out the 'Customize' dialog.  Search through the coordinates and find any that have the position defined at a location larger than your screen size.

• 11. Re: Pads LOGIC: how to escape from Tools-Customize Menu
                              dgroen

I ran into a similar problem with PADS Layout here.

One of my guys has lost the "Tools" item in the menu in PADS Layout on his Win 10 PC.  It's not a problem on my Win 10 PC.

It looks like he may have inadvertently deleted the Tools item from the Menu Toolbar.

We attempted to fix it by right-clicking in the toolbar area and hit "Customize" but it didn't work.

It looked like a window or dialog box is supposed to open but was not on the screen. 

We can't even close PADS after that.  Have to kill it from Task Manager.

(There was a thread re PADS logic on this...)

He tried re-installing.

He tried using all my *.ini files.

Neither worked.

He says that he noticed it after he hit some keys and Windows wanted to open or install come kind of sound reader program.

He also says that a Windows 10 update switched his monitors.  (That is probably what caused the Customize Dialog Box to disappear.)

I configured my menu toolbar.  I then compared the before & after *.ini files -- they are the same.  Neither the Menu toolbar nor the Customize Toolbar positioning info is stored in the *.ini files.

I also did a before & after comparison on the HKCU/Software/Mentor Graphics registry entry.

registry.  That held both items.

Customize Toolbar Dialog Box position
                              is stored at:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Mentor Graphics\PADS9_3_1\PADS Layout\Workspaces\ENU\Default\dialogs

CustomizeDlg   REG_SZ = 557;226;982;572   (My values)

I suspect that the 4 entries correspond to the (position in pixels) of:

Top X Position

Top Y Position

Bottom X Position

Bottom Y Position

My guy's settings had X values (1st & third values) of 2000+ --- well beyond the number of pixels for his monitor / adapter, but well within the range of a window extended over dual monitors.

Fix for Customize Dialog Box Position:

We exported the registry from my PC and imported it into his.  The Customize dialog box magically appeared!

(We probably could have just hand-edited the value of the registry entry...)

The Menu Bar info is stored in binary at:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Mentor Graphics\PADS9_3_1\PADS Layout\Workspaces\ENU\Default\BCGToolBar-593980]

"Name"="Menu Bar"    ........

You don't want to edit it!

Fix for Missing Tools item in Menu Bar:

We could have transferred that between PCs, but we opted for the simpler fix

Right-Click on the toolbar ribbon.    :

Customize / Toolbars & Menus tab / Reset Button.

He's now back in business.

For PADS Logic 9.3.1, I found a similar registry entry at:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Mentor Graphics\PADS9_3_1\PADS Logic\Workspaces\ENU\Default\dialogs

CustomizeDlg   REG_SZ =

The locations may vary with different versions of PADS.

And always, don't mess with the registry unless you know what you're doing.

I trust that you already have this solved, but thought that the info would be helpful to others.

Enjoy the Superbowl (or at least the commercials).

Dave