4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 5, 2014 5:30 AM by MikeD

List of Parts, Symbols, Cells, Padstacks with modified Date

raliesch

Hi is it possibel to create a list for Parts, Symbols, Cells, and Padstacks that we have in the library and a modified Date to them.

Basically i just wanna see all Parts, Cells Symbols, Padstacks... we have touched in the last year, just need a Part---> Date List

I tried Report Writer unfortunatelly there is no date property i can use.

If anyone has an idea how i can get to this information pls let me know.

Thx in advance

• 1. Re: List of Parts, Symbols, Cells, Padstacks with modified Date
          MikeD

raliesch,

You can get this information from LibraryManager File/Output PDF. The trouble is that it is not in list form. Each symbol, cell, etc has it's own PAGE.

Perhaps if you save it to text and extract only the lines you want.

Mike

• 2. Re: List of Parts, Symbols, Cells, Padstacks with modified Date
            raliesch

Hi Mike,

thx for your response, i actually did try this allready just diden't see  the Date Timestamp i am looking for.

I will give it another try and let you know if i succeed.

BR Ralf

• 3. Re: List of Parts, Symbols, Cells, Padstacks with modified Date
              raliesch

OK just did a Test.

It works for the Cell's, there i get a History  and a Timestamp Property that is exactly whati need. Unfortunatelly i still miss the same information for parts, padstacks and symbols.

In Worst case, the information for the Symbols i can get via the file system. SymbolLibs\PartitionName\sym\xxx.1 and then just sort the Modified date.

So now I am missing a way for Parts and Padstacks.

Maybe i need to do some setup adjustment in the Library? If you generate this output PDF, do you get this information on Padstacks and Parts?

Would be nice if you can take a look and let me know.

thx a lot and BR

Ralf

• 4. Re: List of Parts, Symbols, Cells, Padstacks with modified Date
                MikeD

I guess you're right. I don't see the date/time on Padstacks or Parts. Strike-out.

You should not rely on the filesystem time/date stamp for the symbols. Look inside the symbol for this...

V 53

K 1415637775 adl6010.1

F Case

|R 11:42:55_11-10-14   <--- HERE

D -20 170 180 -20

This is the internal stamp that Dx uses to Flag out of date symbols.

I know that HKP files, once decrypted, contain stamps for Cells. Perhaps that data is there for Padstack & Parts. At any rate it would require that DataConvert license.

Hope that helps.

Mike