5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 12, 2014 3:13 AM by robert_davies

Name origin

fsengul

Is there a solution to manage "Name" origins and sizes of symbol by default?

We're having problem especially with Link symbols which Net Names becoming un-oriented.

• 1. Re: Name origin
          robert_davies

You can set up the location of the 'name' by setting the check box in the symbol editor (it is not a regular property) and setting the location/origin as required (see attached),

• 2. Re: Name origin
            fsengul

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your answer.

I have migrated my flow to VX.1 and I was having this problem at new symbol design interface (xDx Designer). In this flow, the visibility checkbox does not appears for the Name.

I'm sorry that I forgot to add version info.

I thought there's a bug or setting that I need to enable.

For the quick solution I've created a new symbol with older version (7.9.5) and imported it to new library.

• 3. Re: Name origin
              robert_davies

Can you clarify your statement about 'I was having this problem at new symbol design interface (xDx Designer). In this flow, the visibility checkbox does not appears for the Name.'

What do you mean by 'new symbol design interface'?

• 4. Re: Name origin
                fsengul

Hi Robert,

There was an app called SymbolEditor at 7.9.x flow, but with VX flow, symbols are opening for editing with xDx Designer.

The interface is little bit different than symbol editor, same with DxDesigner

• 5. Re: Name origin
                  robert_davies

Are you using the new embedded editor, available with xSD Systems Designer? If so, then this is a known issue with the editor in VX.1 and is in our plans to address as part of its development.