2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 27, 2008 8:05 PM by yu.yanfeng

It's very slow to use Hyperlynx Free-From Schematic Editor in TC mode

yu.yanfeng

We are planning to use Brade workstation to do simulation to consolidate our resources, where Brade Workstation be placed in Data Center and user login remotely login to the Brade . Most of eda tools work very well in this terminal mode, but Hyperlynx Free-Form Shematic Editor have very-slow graphics updating.

BTW, We also consider to migrate to Hyperlynx from Cadence SQ. I hope get know when Hyperlynx 8.0 released and with which version of Expeditionpcb it get intergration?

Yanfeng

• 1. Re: It's very slow to use Hyperlynx Free-From Schematic Editor in TC mode
          steve_kaufer

Yanfeng,

Thanks for your interest in HyperLynx generally, and especially v8.0. Yes, we'll definitely keep you informed about v8.0; in fact, it has gone into beta testing now, so if you're interested in trying an early version, you may be able to get a copy. The main new features in v8.0 are power-integrity analysis, DDR2/DDR3 batch-mode verification, and better integration with Expedition. (Currently, we plan to integrate to v2007.5 of Expedition, which is not yet released, but will be at approximately the same time as HyperLynx v8.0.) The list of new features added to v8.0 is very long; it's the most-major release in HyperLynx history, I believe.

Regarding the use of LineSim via remote log-in, I need to check with my development team to understand what some of the reasons for slow performance could be. I'll admit, though, that the software has rarely been used in that mode, and we've not (yet) made any optimizations for it. Perhaps in the future, we'll ask you some detailed questions about your setup.

Regards,

-Steve Kaufer-

• 2. Re: It's very slow to use Hyperlynx Free-From Schematic Editor in TC mode
            yu.yanfeng

Hi Steve,

Thank much for updating me with HL 8.0 release schedule! The Slow performace is only related to GUI graphics updating not to simulation engine, and it's only with Free-Form Schematic Editor, others such as Bordsim works well in TC mode. The only rease we using TC mode is that We need to consolidate the resource(high-end workstation and softwares), and Blade computing may be a good solution to satisfy the requirement and save money.

Yanfeng