1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 4, 2015 2:37 PM by ken_foster

empty auth codes file

agingras

Hi,

We use PADS 2005 and PADS 9.3.1, using the configurator.

The person who used to take care of the licensing and maintain the tool has left and I have to take over and am a bit lost.

We apparently used to pay for support and received the license file every year.

Now last year the support was not renewed because we apparently never needed it. We were supposed to still be able to use the PADS software.

The PCB designer person has started to receive messages in January that we had xx days left to use the software.

I sent a message to Mentor to know about the next step but did not get a reply.

This morning, PADS works only in demo mode.

I contacted Mentor again and got an answer. I was told that I could download the auth codes from SupportNet even if the site was declined (?) and how to do it.

I was also told to go to the community website for any further support.

When I download the file, it's empty.

Is there something else I need to be able to download the license file aside from the site number ?

Thanks

• 1. Re: empty auth codes file
          ken_foster

I've forwarded this on to the business analysts who will see to it that you get a license file.

For others who have encountered this problem, here are some steps you can take to self-solve.

1) Make sure you have the correct siteid. Note that they sometimes change. If you cannot locate your paperwork, look inside the most recent license file you have and compare that siteid with the one you tried to use. If that doesn't resolve it, use one of the options below:

a) Contact your local sales office. If you don't know who to contact, look here: Mentor Graphics Worldwide - Mentor Graphics

b) Contact Mentor Graphics at 800-547-4303, and select option 2 (for non-technical or licensing help). Follow the phone prompts.

c) To inquire about re-reinstatement of support, click here:Mentor Graphics SupportNet:

Best regards,

Ken Foster

Mentor Graphics Customer Support