7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2015 3:49 PM by lo2015

Local Symbol

lo2015

I lost the capability to create a new and edit an existing local symbol.  Is there something in the settings that can put back in the right direction?

-lo

• 1. Re: Local Symbol
          robert_davies

Which editor and which version? If xDX Designer in VX.1 then the commands are on the right mouse context menu as a sub-tree under Symbol - Edit Local Symbol. To create a new local symbol use the File - New  Local symbol from the menu pick.

If this question is for xDX Designer then we will move the question after your reply.

• 2. Re: Local Symbol
            lo2015

Yes it is.  I got to work after I rebooted the PC.  But it is stuck again.  The "Symbol Editor" appears but the part I need to edit.  Also the File>New>Local Symbol does not work too.

• 3. Re: Local Symbol
              lo2015

The "Symbol Editor" appears but NOT the part I need to edit.  Typo

• 4. Re: Local Symbol
                robert_davies

What version of software and what flow?

Any error messages when you try the 'New local symbol'? Can you edit a symbol from DxDataBook - CL View - Symbols - Local Symbols?

If none of these work then you should contact your local customer support for assistance - it's not the kind of issue that is easily resolved via a forum.

• 5. Re: Local Symbol
                  lo2015

Robert,

EE7.9.5  Flow?

No error messages on the output window although, this is what appears:

Cns file "C:\MentorGraphics\7.9.5EE\SDD_HOME\standard\ce_ee.cns" loaded (read-only).

Custom cns file "C:\WDIR\user.cns" loaded.

Custom cns file "U:\SPGEE_CACHE\NG_GND_WDIR\Scripts\user.cns" loaded (read-only).

Custom cns file "U:\SPGEE_CACHE\NG_GND_WDIR\user.cns" loaded (read-only).

Custom cns file "U:\SPGEE_CACHE\user.cns" loaded (read-only).

I can’t edit any symbol I created from DxDataBook too.  Is this a resource issue?

-Larry Oshiro

• 6. Re: Local Symbol
                    MENTOR_Shannonk

Try TechNote mg580755

• 7. Re: Local Symbol
                      lo2015

Thanks Shannon it worked!!!