Hello Mentor users.
We are actively looking for a Tech/Librarian for a position in our R&D Team. NI is located in Austin,TX
You may post your resumes here
Position Overview and Responsibilities
PCB Services technicians are responsible for managing eCAD component library, performing schematic validation to ensure optimal handoff to PCB layout and working closely with PCB layout designers on ways to optimize footprints for high manufacturability.
• Assist Engineering in processing technical documentation for Electronic Components
• Prepare and verify Schematic Symbols against available component specifications
• Create and modify PCB Footprint (Cell) based on internal and IPC-7351B SMT specifications
• Assist in the creation and management of a PDB (Parts Database) for Mentor Expedition library
• Review PCB/Schematic Projects for accuracy before PCB design
• Review Schematic drawings before release for quality control
• Approval of Engineering Change Orders (ECOs) and Manufacturing Change Orders (MCOs)
• Assistance in creation/modification of PCB fabrication drawings
• Knowledge of Electronic Design Automation tools and libraries preferred
• Experience with Mentor Expedition 2007 Software a plus
• Ability to Draft and read electrical, mechanical & technical documentation
• Associate Degree in Electronics or Drafting/ Design or equivalent work experience and other education
• Preferable 3-5 years work experience
• Takes initiative
• Strong organizational skills
• Team player
• Good problem solving skills
• English Language Competency and effective communication skills - can clearly and concisely communicate in English so that persons you work with can understand you clearly, particularly in technical conversations
Employ Your Imagination at National Instruments
National Instruments (www.ni.com), a technology pioneer and industry leader in virtual instrumentation for 37 years, delivers LabVIEW graphical software and open, modular instrumentation hardware for design, simulation, control, test, and manufacturing. Engineers and scientists in hundreds of industries use flexible, high-performance NI products to create reliable user-defined systems throughout the product design cycle to reduce time to market and lower development costs.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, NI has more than 7,000 employees worldwide and direct operations in more than 50 countries. For the past 15 consecutive years, FORTUNE magazine has named NI as one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For" in America. Glassdoor.com also recently named NI as one of America's "Best Places to Work," and BusinessWeek included NI in its "Best Places to Launch A Career" list.
National Instruments is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer an excellent work environment, and a competitive and well-rounded compensation and benefits package, including an on-site medical clinic; medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401(K) with NI match; profit sharing; restricted stock plan; employee discounted stock purchase plan; on-site fitness center and wellness program; and much more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or on the basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.