4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2015 5:19 PM by andrewng

Is there anyone have idea how to check this kind of rule using Calibre?

andrewng

Dear All,

Refer to the attached picture, could we feedback the current flow on the net which using the text layer on the metal and calculate the maximum width of the metal for checking?

Andrew

E-Pulse_rule.jpg

• 1. Re: Is there anyone have idea how to check this kind of rule using Calibre?
          Community_Admin

Andrew - thanks for your question. However, this area is for general questions on the community - feedback, suggestions, etc. I am going to move your question to the IC Design community where it will receive better visibility. Thanks for your participation.

• 2. Re: Is there anyone have idea how to check this kind of rule using Calibre?
            dan_liddell

Hi Andrew,

I assume your goal is related to flagging metal polygons that carry too much current. I might have not understood the intent of your check completely, but I think this will at least point you in the direction of a solution.

I assume from your description that the current density values for metal are annotated to polygons as text objects. A notional solution for your problem is this:

1. Use DFM Text to convert your text objects to properties. These properties are the current density values.

2. Use DFM Property Merge to merge the output from Step 1 onto a derived layer with the properties.

3. Use INTERNAL to derive a layer with the widths of the metal polygons. Using SIZE with the UNDEROVER keyword is frequently useful in pre-filtering the polygons the INTERNAL operation measures. This is a performance optimization.

4. Use DFM Property to create width properties on the metal polygons based on the output of Step 3.

5. Use DFM Property to collect the properties from Steps 2 and 4, find the product of current density and width, and select the polygons that have current meeting some constraint value.

The MULTI and OVERLAP keywords of DFM Property are useful in this application. Depending on how the text objects are implemented, the NODAL keyword may also come into play.

dan

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Is there anyone have idea how to check this kind of rule using Calibre?
              Community_Admin

Dan - thanks for your reply. Andrew, if Dan's response addressed your question, will you please select the "Correct Answer" button just under Dan's name? Or if "Helpful" select that option in the lower right corner of his response. It helps others in the community to know. thank you.

• 4. Re: Is there anyone have idea how to check this kind of rule using Calibre?
                andrewng

Dear Dan,

I will try to use this method on my checking and thanks for your reply.