2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 11, 2015 6:49 AM by sdonaldson

DXDatabook Live Verify for Hetero parts

sdonaldson

Using DxDesigner/DxDatabook/PADs 9.5 -

I'm having troubles with Live Verify just on my Hetero type 2 parts (Two op-amps with 2- and 4-parts each, and symbols with and without power pins)

There are no spaces/tabs/returns in the symbol editor properties or the MS Access database (I don't think Access allows them at the end anyway) per DxDataBook Live Verification Fail

The highlighted amp below was placed directly out of the library, then ran verify and it still fails.  I double clicked to bring up the search on the right side, and no matches were present.  Even removing all criteria except for Part Number/Device, no matches show up.  There are no spaces/tabs/returns in the symbol editor properties or the MS Access database (I don't think Access allows them at the end anyway) per DxDataBook Live Verification Fail

In this particular instance, I have VCC and GND signals identified.  The rest of these on my schematic have SIGNALs changed to +VCC and -VCC, but that shouldn't make a difference.

Is this just something that won't verify because of being Hetero symbols?

Schematic with DxDatabook live verify on the selected part:

designer.jpg

Symbol Editor:

Symbol Editor Amps.jpg

• 1. Re: DXDatabook Live Verify for Hetero parts
          robert_davies

This is probably an issue with how you have the hetero declared in your database rather than on the symbol itself, if you have access to SupportNet take a look at Tech Note MG26021 to see if this solves the problem.

• 2. Re: DXDatabook Live Verify for Hetero parts
            sdonaldson

I found that tech note when I created the Hetero parts, and went with method 2 - comma separated in the database, but wasn't finding it again when I was searching.  Last line in the Method 2 section - "Either solution allows the user to select the comma delimited or wild card list of symbols from the symbol previewer and add it to the schematic, however live/hierarchical verification and LibAdvis in ViewDRC will fail.I missed that the first time I read through it.

op-amps.JPG

I made those into 2 lines each, one for each symbol as in Method 1 in the tech note, and everything is green.

Thanks.