AnsweredAssumed Answered

Maintaining bus name label "offset" after move?

Question asked by bjorn.nilsson on Apr 8, 2015
Latest reply on Apr 16, 2015 by bjorn.nilsson

Hello! This is my first post here so I hope I'm getting this right. Let me know if I should change anything.

I have an issue with the position of bus names. Whenever I name a new bus thes bus name property is placed at a position close to the bus segment. If we´re taking a horizontal bus segement as example the name position is where I want it on the y-axis slightly above the bus (not that this position is off grid), but the position on the x-axis is seldom where I want it. However as soon as I move the name to where I want it, the property snaps to the grid and the bottom part of the text is hidden by the bus segment itself.

Is there a way to keep the original offset from the bus segment even if the name label is moved?

If I change the origin of the property from "lower left" to "middle left" and manually moves the name label one grid point upwards I get the label close to where I want it, but it is far to timeconsuming to do this for every bus in our designs. I guess I could write an automation script to perform this task, but I thought I should check whterer there is a better solution before attempting that.

Any tips would be appreciated

Regards

Björn

Outcomes