11 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2015 6:53 PM by Pat

Sub-component problem

lgalantai

Hi!

I've made a sub-component for a connector. The component (which I use as a sub-component in this case) has a symbol attached to it (and the symbol has the same name as the component of course). When I sync with the harness design the connector is visible, with two tables, the connectors table, and the sub components table, but the symbol of the sub component is not. What do I have to do, to make it appear automatically after synchronization (or after applying style)?

Thank you!
      Best regards from Hungary!

Rj45.PNG

• 1. Re: Sub-component problem
          Pat

Hello

Have you set your Styleset to display the Additional Component?

This will be under the Connector - Decoration - Related Entities - Additional Component - Symbols - set a default.

If you have set that and it does not work, you may need to Apply Styles or Update - Border.

If those actions do not resolve the issue, then let's see if other ideas appear. After which I suggest logging an SR on SupportNet.

Regards,

Pat

• 2. Re: Sub-component problem
            lgalantai

Hi!

I can't see the picture, you've inserted, but unfortunately I cant find the related entities, in the style sets. As you can see in the picture below, I don't have such option. I don't know how is that possible, maybe I have an older version of Vesys?
            Related.PNG

• 3. Re: Sub-component problem
              Pat

Hi Laszlo

Sorry about the picture - not sure why that did not appear correctly.

However, now that you have mentioned your tool is VeSys, the answer is sorry - the Related Entity item in Styleset is only available in the Capital toolset.

In fact, Additional Component tab is not available inside the Connector, thus I am not sure how you are adding the "Sub-Component" for the Connector.

AdditionalComponetInStyleset.jpg

Please let me know how the sub-component is being handled, or perhaps log an SR on SupportNet for more detailed followup.

Regards,

Pat

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Sub-component problem
                lgalantai

Hello!

I'm adding the sub-component for the connector in the "Component Maintenance dialog", as part of the housing, like in the picture below. This way I get the "extra" table in the harness design, but I'm sure, it's possible somehow, to add the symbol too. In the second picture, its visible, that I have an "Additional Component table" but I don't have an additional component symbol, and I can't add Symbols.

Comp maintenance.PNG

additional comp table.PNG

Thank you!
                Lac

• 5. Re: Sub-component problem
                  Pat

Hi Lac

From what I can see in VeSys you can place the table as you have stated.

Housing Definition serves as a method of preparing what Additional Components may be added to the component.

Which means that in the end, you need Related Entity - Additional Component to actually put a Symbol on the diagram.

As disucussed above, Related Entity is not available within VeSys.

If you feel the above differs from your experience please do log an SR on SupportNet so that a local support engineer can investigate this further. The alternative is to log an IDEA on SupportNet for this feature to be added to VeSys in the future.

Regards,

Pat

• 6. Re: Sub-component problem
                    lgalantai

Hi Pat

Thank's for your help! I will try the SupportNet then, because I've found an older design, (what was made by a former employee of the company) and when I import it into VeSys the related part is attached to the connector (as in picture below), but if I apply my style sets, it disappears. So It seems my style sets are wrong somehow, just I cant find the correct solution. related2.PNG

Best regards from Hungary!

• 7. Re: Sub-component problem
                      Pat

Hi Lac

Please do log and SR and supply the sample so that it may be examined.

If the old Styleset is available as well that may help them, as well as your own SystemData.xml which will contain the StylesSet etc.

Please see TechNote MG585981 for information on how to output that information.

Best of luck with this question and I look forward to seeing the final solution.

Regards,

Pat

• 8. Re: Sub-component problem
                        lgalantai

Hi Pat!

Could you tell me where can I find the technotes? Because I couldn't find them anywhere, but I got the SystemData.xml what was made by the former employee. So I'd like to try this option too.

Thank's !
                        Lac

• 9. Re: Sub-component problem
                          Pat

Hi Lac

Mentor's SupportNet is located at: https://supportnet.mentor.com

You require an active account to log into the site.

The TechNote I referred to can be found within there at:

https://supportnet.mentor.com/portal?do=reference.technote&id=MG585981&lang=en&prod=C102-S110-G125-P10142

I look forward to hearing your results.

Regards,

Pat

• 10. Re: Sub-component problem
                            lgalantai

Hi

I have an active account (as far as I know, and I'm logged in) but it says "You may not access this page.". Do I have to do something with my account to be able to watch the TechNote?

Thank you!

• 11. Re: Sub-component problem
                              Pat

Hello Lac

If your account is active then access to SupportNet should be possible.

I would suggest you contact the person from whom your purchased the software and they will be able to confirm and assist you.

Regards,

Pat