10 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2015 7:29 AM by bean

xDX Designer Part Lister missing components

bean

Does anyone know how to fix a problem where the parts lister in the integrated DX Design flow outputs a .csv file with no components? I'm using the DefaultCSV file, changed the delimiter to a comma and then adjusted the columns to output the manufacturer PN, Qty, and reference designators. The resuling file I get is:

PNQTYReference Designator
      #Multiple1#Multiple

The weird part was that it showed some of my 30+ components when I used the unaltered config. Thanks for any suggestions. I've found some really weird bugs in the integrated flow but I'm also learning this flow for the first time so I don't if it's a new bug or just an old dog learning new tricks.

Enjoy,
      Jason

• 1. Re: xDX Designer Part Lister missing components
          bean

FYI:

Here's the default list, which excludes most of they parts I pulled from the ODA Starter Library:

#QTYPartitionSymbolBlockSheetPathId
          19Capacitorcap.1Schematic11\$1I51
          21ICavLTC3127.1Schematic11\$1I97
          31ICavLTC3128.1Schematic11\$1I116
          41ICavLTC4413.1Schematic11\$1I69
          51Mechanicaltestpoint.1Schematic11\$1I596
          68Resistorres.1Schematic11\$1I169
          • 2. Re: xDX Designer Part Lister missing components
            a.sassano

You cannot set the delimiter to comma. This will destroy the CSV Format because the ID is seperated by comma.

9 Components      $1I51,$1I52,$1I53....

the components will be created as a comma seperated list. This will corrupt your CSV structure.

Use any different character.

It will be truncated at the comma of the first ID.

Use a text editor and look into the csv file. Exist's the components?

• 3. Re: xDX Designer Part Lister missing components
              bean

Thank you for the information. It didn't fix all my problems, but it will at lease reduce my problems by one. I reran using the | delimiter and opened in a txt editor and am still missing all the components from the ODA library. My total BOM count should be close to 25 unique parts.

|PN|QTY|RefDes|Partition|Symbol|Block|Sheet|Path|Id

1|,,,,,VJ1206V106MXQTW1BC,VJ1206V106MXQTW1BC,VJ1206V106MXQTW1BC,VJ1206V106MXQTW1BC|9|C1,C2,C3,C4,C5,C6,C7,C8,C9|Capacitor|cap.1|Schematic1|1|\|$1I51,$1I144,$1I209,$1I223,$1I233,$1I437,$1I478,$1I618,$1I628

2||1|U3|ICav|LTC3127.1|Schematic1|1|\|$1I97

3|LTC3128xxxxx|1|U1|ICav|LTC3128.1|Schematic1|1|\|$1I116

4||1|U2|ICav|LTC4413.1|Schematic1|1|\|$1I69

5|TP106-01-09|1|TP_5VIN|Mechanical|testpoint.1|Schematic1|1|\|$1I596

6|,,,,,,,|8|R1,R2,R3,R4,R5,R6,R7,R8|Resistor|res.1|Schematic1|1|\|$1I169,$1I195,$1I262,$1I270,$1I415,$1I429,$1I453,$1I461

• 4. Re: xDX Designer Part Lister missing components
                a.sassano

Without seeing the Design it is very hard to identify any causes.

What I see the last time is:

If the "LEVEL=STD" Property is set to "LEVEL=Standart", the Part is missing in the Partlist.

What I basically will say:

I assume it will depend on the Properties.

You should check the Important Properties

"Ref Designator"

"Part Number"

and so on ... (class, Level, Forward to PCB)

You should check the Primary and secondary key.

Check if all Properties are common Properties. (Non Common Properties will not be on the partlist)

• 5. Re: xDX Designer Part Lister missing components
                  robert_davies

Why are you using the delimiter with csv, it should open in Excel without this? Generally only use the delimiter for text outputs.

Can you provide the configuration file you are using (the *.ipl file). Also, is the design packaged with all REFDES properties? It won't give correct results if it isn't.

• 6. Re: xDX Designer Part Lister missing components
                    bean

The delimiter hasn't made a difference but I was trying different options in hopes that the excel or text output would include all the data. It's odd that the ODA Starter Library components are the one's not included. Components that I created are showing up correctly.

Here's the ipl:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<PartListerConfiguration version="3">

<Entry name="description" value="DefaultCSV"/>

<Entry name="outputFormat" value="PLAIN" readonly="YES"/>

<Entry name="outputFileExt" value="csv" readonly="YES"/>

<Entry name="pagination" value="NO"/>

<Entry name="pagelength" value="65535"/>

<Entry name="delimiter" value=""/>

<Entry name="delimiterbefore" value="NO"/>

<Entry name="delimiterafter" value="NO"/>

<Entry name="addTitleRow" value="YES"/>

<Entry name="ignoreColumnWidths" value="YES" readonly="YES"/>

<Header/>

<Columns>

<Column type="NUMBER" label="#" width="3"/>

<Column type="PROPERTY" property="ManufacturerPN" label="PN" width="3" display="Full"/>

<Column type="QUANTITY" label="QTY" width="5"/>

<Column type="PROPERTY" property="Ref Designator" label="RefDes" width="10" display="Full"/>

<Column type="SYSTEM" property="Partition" label="Partition" width="10" key="PRIMARY" display="Unique"/>

<Column type="SYSTEM" property="Symbol Name" label="Symbol" width="10" key="PRIMARY" display="Unique"/>

<Column type="SYSTEM" property="Block" label="Block" width="5" display="Unique"/>

<Column type="SYSTEM" property="Sheet" label="Sheet" width="5" key="PRIMARY" display="Unique"/>

<Column type="SYSTEM" property="Path" label="Path" width="5" key="PRIMARY" display="Unique"/>

<Column type="SYSTEM" property="Id" label="Id" width="10" key="SECONDARY" display="Unique"/>

</Columns>

</PartListerConfiguration>

• 7. Re: xDX Designer Part Lister missing components
                      robert_davies

Jason,

Not sure what format you are trying to produce but that ipl file has too many primary/secondary key combinations. Without the design it is difficult to determine why parts are missing but if you can identify one of the missing parts and show a snapshot of the properties it might help. Failing that contact your customer support representative.

Rob

• 8. Re: xDX Designer Part Lister missing components
                        robert_davies

Try this and see what you get:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<PartListerConfiguration version="3">

<Entry name="description" value="DefaultCSV"/>

<Entry name="outputFormat" value="PLAIN" readonly="YES"/>

<Entry name="outputFileExt" value="csv" readonly="YES"/>

<Entry name="pagination" value="NO"/>

<Entry name="pagelength" value="65535"/>

<Entry name="delimiter" value=","/>

<Entry name="delimiterbefore" value="NO"/>

<Entry name="delimiterafter" value="NO"/>

<Entry name="addTitleRow" value="YES"/>

<Entry name="ignoreColumnWidths" value="YES" readonly="YES"/>

<Header/>

<Columns>

<Column type="NUMBER" label="#" width="3"/>

<Column type="PROPERTY" property="ManufacturerPN" label="PN" width="3" display="Full"/>

<Column type="QUANTITY" label="QTY" width="5"/>

<Column type="PROPERTY" property="Ref Designator" label="RefDes" width="10" key="PRIMARY" display="Compress"/>

<Column type="SYSTEM" property="Partition" label="Partition" width="10" display="Unique"/>

<Column type="SYSTEM" property="Symbol Name" label="Symbol" width="10" display="Unique"/>

<Column type="SYSTEM" property="Block" label="Block" width="5" display="Unique"/>

<Column type="SYSTEM" property="Sheet" label="Sheet" width="5" display="Unique"/>

<Column type="SYSTEM" property="Path" label="Path" width="5" display="Unique"/>

<Column type="SYSTEM" property="Id" label="Id" width="10" display="Unique"/>

</Columns>

</PartListerConfiguration>

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                        • 9. Re: xDX Designer Part Lister missing components
                          MENTOR_Shannonk

There is a TechNote that discusses several reasons why parts go missing on a Partlist. TechNote mg580034.  Like Angelo said, I'm also pretty sure it is non-common properties. ManufacturerPN isn't a standard property so that could be it.

• 10. Re: xDX Designer Part Lister missing components
                            bean

Robert,

Thanks Robert. I tried your ipl and got all my parts! I'm not sure why the default file did not work but I've got a complete BOM now.