2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2015 5:26 AM by matthias.cosaert Branched from an earlier discussion.

DDRx, considering package deskew

matthias.cosaert

Also check the probe location, DDRx batch simulation probably uses the die as probe location while the default setting in the scope is 'always at pin'

• 1. Re: DDRx, considering package deskew
          oscar.martinelli

Matthias, thank you for your post that help me to introduce my next question.

I think that DDRx has the probe location only on PIN. All the timing included in the.cvs report are taken from PINS, but also all the timing included in the timing model files referring to pins. It couldn't be different since datasheets give timing only @ pins devices.

My question is: working with a very high speed memory i have to deskew the package from the controller side ( the chip producer give to me all the delay due to wire bonding ecc,). Since DDRx is considering the timing on pins (for both driver and receiver), i get lots of errors in the reports due to large trace length mismatch. There is a way to overcame this issue in order to have a report that clearly shows the real problems?

Kind Regards,

Oscar

• 2. Re: DDRx, considering package deskew
            matthias.cosaert

Hi Oscar,

You are right the default location is at the pin but you can you can override this in the ibis models:

Example:

[Component]     7403398 MC452

|

Si_location     Die | Optional subparameters to give measurement

Timing_location Die  | location positions 

|

|=============================================================================

|     Keyword:  [Component]

|    Required:  Yes

| Description:  Marks the beginning of the IBIS description of the integrated

|               circuit named after the keyword.

|  Sub-Params:  Si_location, Timing_location

| Usage Rules:  If the .ibs file contains data for more than one component,

|               each section must begin with a new [Component] keyword.  The

|               length of the component name must not exceed 40 characters,

|               and blank characters are allowed.

|

|               NOTE: Blank characters are not recommended due to usability

|               issues.

|

|               Si_location and Timing_location are optional and specify where

|               the Signal Integrity and Timing measurements are made for the

|               component.  Allowed values for either subparameter are 'Die'

|               or 'Pin'.  The default location is at the 'Pin'.

|-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best regards,

Matthias

1 of 1 people found this helpful