3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2009 2:26 AM by juha.manninen

Finding a value from one specified attribute in DxDesigner

juha.manninen

Hi,

We are evaluating the differences between the old and new DxDesigner.

Project Navigator Contents window is gone and most of its functionality is replaced by the tree view and the Find/Replace window (ocular icon).

However, when I look for some text in the schematic it is searched from all attributes and texts.

Is it still possible to search from a specified attribute like CLASS or REFDES or VALUE?

It was possible with Project Navigator Contents window.

Juha Manninen

• 1. Re: Finding a value from one specified attribute in DxDesigner
          john_dube

Hi Juha,

The ICT Viewer can display, sort, and filter nets and components by property value.  Choose the View -> ICT Viewer menu or toolbar, and click the Net Properties or Symbol Properties tab.

Click the tiny arrows in the column header to sort, or click the dropdown in the first cell to select a value to filter by.

John

• 2. Re: Finding a value from one specified attribute in DxDesigner
            juha.manninen

Ok, thanks!

It works pretty well.

Still, there are some illogical and unintuitive features in the ICT Viewer filtering.

The filter drop down is on the same line with the first symbol/component.

Even when there is no filtering in effect for an attribute, the field shows the value from that first component.

When I actually filter data by that value, the field still shows the same value but this time the whole data set is filtered.

When I remove the filtering by selecting "All" from the list, the field again shows the value from the first component instead of "All".

The end result is that the UI doesn't tell you if the data is filtered or not.

Illogical !!!

There should be a separate line for filter conditions. It should say "All" or "*" if data is not filtered.

Regards,

Juha Manninen

• 3. Re: Finding a value from one specified attribute in DxDesigner
              juha.manninen

I noticed one more problem with  ICT Viewer, Symbol properties tab.

When I click a line there, the corresponding symbol/component in the schematic window gets selected.

That is good but the view is not zoomed even if I double click the line.

What more, if I zoom the window manually then new selections are not shown at all because they are outside the visible window.

Zooming worked nicely in the old Project Navigator Contents window.

I guess (and hope) that future versions of DxDesigner will implement this kind of features.

Juha Manninen