2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2015 12:45 PM by zoitis

license installation problem

zoitis

Hello,

I have a problem installing the server license for flowmaster . Especially, when I press the perform status enquiry button it shows the follow message.

Flexible License Manager status on Tue 10/27/2015 20:02

[Detecting lmgrd processes...]
      License server status: 7621@zoitis
          License file(s) on zoitis: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\FlowmasterV7\Flexlm\license.dat:

zoitis: license server UP (MASTER) v11.10

Vendor daemon status (on zoitis):

flowslmd: The desired vendor daemon is down.
      Check the lmgrd log file, or try lmreread.
      Vendor:Host:   zoitis
      License path:  7621@zoitis;
      FLEXnet Licensing error:-97,121
      For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing documentation,
      available at "www.flexerasoftware.com".
           mgcld: No socket connection to license server manager.
      License path:  7621@zoitis;
      FLEXnet Licensing error:-7,10001
      For further information, refer to the FLEXnet Licensing documentation,
      available at "www.flexerasoftware.com".

Any help would be appreciated!

• 1. Re: license installation problem
          david_leslie

Hello,

Are you seeing that status on the license server machine, or on the client (running Flowmaster)?

If it is on the server, then maybe your license server is not locating "flowslmd.exe".  If that message is on the client, it could be a firewall issue.

Check that both lmgrd.exe and flowslmd.exe are located in the same Flexlm folder on your license server machine.  Edit your license file so that the VENDOR line looks like the line below (this will fix the flowslmd daemon to run on port 7622, rather than on a random port):

VENDOR flowslmd flowslmd port=7622

Then stop / start your license server - using lmtools.

If it is a firewall issue, you may also need to make exceptions in your filewall:

On the server - accept incoming requests for ports 7621 (lmgrd) and 7622 (flowslmd)

On the client - you might need to allow outgoing requests on 7621 and 7622

Finally, it looks like you also have "mgcld" licenses as well - in that case make a similar edit to the mgcld DAEMON line and open that port number as well.

If that does not help, please open a service request via Supportnet.

Regards,

David

• 2. Re: license installation problem
            zoitis

Dear David,

Thanks for your quick reply in my question. First of all, the status I saw it was in the license server machine. I've read your answer and applied all the suggestions you gave me , but the problem remains. For that reason, I am sending you some screenshots for more details. In picture 1 the server start's successful , in picture 2 the reread server license file is completed, and in picture 3 and 4 is the status I described you yesterday. In addition, I am sending you the license.dat file, so you can edit it right if there is any extra problem. Also I have tried to open the flowmaster v7 application. The license_1 is recognized but the license checkout fails(there is a logon failure). Pictures 5 and 6 can explain the situation.

In this point, I am trying to install the software only in SERVER zoitis 68F72888E72D 7621.That's why I have the symbol # in front of the two other servers(SERVER ART13-SERVER 001A4D556A74 7621 and SERVER ART-PC 5C260A6B8D4B 7621) in license.dat file. What I mean is that just for now , we need the software only in the server zoitis, not in the other pc's. Because only one person will work the software for a few months.

I hope these information's will help you. You will find all the pictures and license.dat file in the onedrive link. If you can answer me from your private email it would be really helpful. So we can discuss the matter with more details. Finally, a telephone number call or a skype call of someone who can help me it would be very useful.

Zoitis Giakoumis

+30 6947220270

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=DB3E96FD16F0DF01!1721&authkey=!AJn0XfW81YqAsXw&ithint=folder%2cJPG