6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 27, 2018 10:01 AM by samantha_lizak

calibreview can not find library during back annotation

rehman.akbar

I am trying to generate a paractics view in cadence via calibre view. During back annotation calibre generate error: the "name of library" can not be found.

i am running PEX for the first time.

in calibreview window:

1. paracitics extraction results looks fine. LVS is clear.
      2. schematic and output library has same name.
      3. I added the path of callmap file of PDK.

is there any other thing i am missing: @rick_sedlak

----Rehman

• 1. Re: calibreview can not find library during back annotation
          samantha_lizak

Hi Rehman-

Are you by chance running 2015.1 or 2015.2?  This technote mentions a similar sounding problem that is fixed in 2015.3:

https://supportnet.mentor.com/portal?do=reference.technote&id=MG590513&lang=en&prod=C110-S105-G195-P10115

-Sam.

• 2. Re: calibreview can not find library during back annotation
            rehman.akbar

Hello Samantha,

it looks i don't have access to page you suggested but anyway i get it working through Cadence Command line.

what i did as follow:

i create a .txt file, in which i set calibre view global variables as described in "calibre interactive and RVE user manual" and load file  through cadence command line window and it generate calibre cell.

it looks for some reasons it could not pick settings from calibre view gui setup-

is there any chance i can have a look from other source your suggested page. so i can figure out the cause.

thanks.

---Rehman

• 3. Re: calibreview can not find library during back annotation
              yguo1235

Hello Samantha,

Can you resend the link? The link has already useless. Thank you.

-Yicun

• 4. Re: calibreview can not find library during back annotation
                samantha_lizak

I followed the link just now, and it resolved for me (after signing in to Support Center).  What sort of error message does it give you?  In case you have automatic redirects off, the current link looks like https://support.mentor.com/knowledge-base/MG590513 .

Best-

Sam.

• 5. Re: calibreview can not find library during back annotation
                  yguo1235

Well, that's strange I have logged in but still can't see the content of the link. What about have a screenshot?

Whatever, I solve this problem by making the PEX run directory in the PDK directory.

It seems that the Calibreview just can't find where the library is.

But I still prefer a more general solution.

----------------------------------------------------------

// Calibre FDI v2015.2_36.27 Wed Jul 1 07:45:28 PDT 2015

//

// Copyright Mentor Graphics Corporation 2008-2015

// All Rights Reserved.

// THIS WORK CONTAINS TRADE SECRET AND PROPRIETARY INFORMATION

// WHICH IS THE PROPERTY OF MENTOR GRAPHICS CORPORATION

// OR ITS LICENSORS AND IS SUBJECT TO LICENSE TERMS.

//

// Mentor Graphics software executing under x86-64 Linux

// 64 bit virtual addressing enabled

//

// This software is in pre-production form and is considered to be

// beta code that is subject to the terms of the current Mentor

// Graphics End-User License Agreement or your signed agreement

// with Mentor Graphics that contains beta terms, whichever applies.

//

// Running on Linux peter 2.6.32-754.2.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Jul 13 12:50:12 UTC 2018 x86_64

INFO: Parsing command line arguments...

INFO: License checked out successfully for calibreqdb.

INFO: Parsing cellmap file...

INFO: Executing back annotation...

ERROR: The library tsmc18rf can not be found.

• 6. Re: calibreview can not find library during back annotation
                    samantha_lizak

If it is the same problem, the issue was that for some reason Calibre Interactive was sensitive to lib.defs and cds.lib (both Cadence files) not having the same library definitions. There are four fixes suggested:

* Use v2015.3 or later  <-- The most general solution, and if you go to the most recent release, 2018.2, you also get performance improvements from incremental gains over the past three years/dozen releases.

* Make sure lib.defs and cds.lib have the same library definitions, have no duplicate library definitions within the file, and do not use "-" as a comment character.

* Use the Calibreview SKILL flow rather than the Calibreview FDI/OA flow by setting "setenv CALIBRE_ENABLE_SKILL_PEXBA_MODE 1".   Sometimes this has problems with a CDF data entry, depending on your setup.

* An automounting tweak that I don't recommend unless you are in IT.

(This is a "choose one" not an "apply all".)

Glad to hear you got it running.

Best-

Sam.