2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2015 8:47 AM by Gary_Lameris

connecting old Access file to databook

moshef

Hi ALL

i used till now 32bit access file in dxd7.9.4  thr db was conncting thrue microsoft driver in odbc util

and with .dbc file

now i installed new VXD 1.1 in new computer windows 64bit

i made the same odbc configuration but the brousing in the databook dont work -i get error

Capture.PNG

is it becouse the Uxd in 64 bit and the mdb is 32bit

how can isolve it without upgrade the file seens it used also in older computers

Thanks

• 1. Re: connecting old Access file to databook
          robert_davies

The limitations between 64-bit and 32-bit versions of the software are documented in the release notes. Essentially you cannot have both 32-bit and 64-bit ODBC drivers installed on the same machine, if you have MS Office tools installed they need to be the same version as the Mentor tools, so if you install the 64-bit version of the Mentor tools you will need to install the 64-bit version of Office. If you don't have Office installed you will still need to use the 64-bit ODBC drivers from Microsoft - if they're not already on your system you can download them from Microsoft.

It is not necessary to use the 64-bit versions of the Mentor software just because your OS is 64-bit, the main reason for doing so is for large PCB databases that may exceed the 32-bit memory limit or if you have xDM Server on the machine as it is only available as a 64-bit application.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: connecting old Access file to databook
            Gary_Lameris

You can setup an IIS server to eliminate the issues with Microsofts ODBC drivers.  The generic name of the product is DxDBWeb and essentially only one ODBC connection is made, the one from the database to the server.  Users then connect to the web server.  The most recent technote on this is MG590934

1 of 1 people found this helpful