1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 14, 2015 11:03 AM by guy_wettstein

Pyxis_SPT license problems

mg

Hello,

I've been administrating a Mentor Graphics class for a short period, unfortunately I'm not the one who installed and configured everything in the beginning, so I might be incompetent in some aspects. The problem is quite strange: we have a server machine with the installed license and 15 client computers running Windows (for Expedition PCB and other) and Linux RedHat Enterprise 5.7 (Pyxis_SPT and Calibre). Expedition PCB and all the other windows products are working on all the computers including the server, no license problems occur. When we switch to Linux, Pyxis_SPT works only on 13 of the 15 client computers. All the computers are linked to one network via a switch, are in the same IP range and etc. On the two computers Pyxis Project Navigator opens, but when Pyxis Schematic (or Layout) is invoked it crashes right away. The log file from Pyxis:

//  Pyxis Schematic  v10.1_0.0   Mon Jan 23 08:51:39 PST 2012

//

//             Copyright Mentor Graphics Corporation 1982

//

//                      All Rights Reserved.

//

//    THIS WORK CONTAINS TRADE SECRET AND PROPRIETARY INFORMATION

//      WHICH IS THE PROPERTY OF MENTOR GRAPHICS CORPORATION OR

//           ITS LICENSORS AND IS SUBJECT TO LICENSE TERMS.

//

//  Mentor Graphics software executing under x86_64 Linux.

//

$change_workspace("Tabbed");

//  Note: Default ripper symbol pathname for auto-ripper instantiation set to $MGC_IC_GENERIC_LIB/rip/1X1 (from: Capture/gdc/note 98)

//  Note: Activated Variant hotkeys. (from: Uims/base_toolkit/ui_session_tk 81)

//  Note: Reading version 1 of sheet $PYXIS_SPT/GenericPLL/TopDown_Assembly/4_bit_counter/schematic/sheet1 (from: Capture/gdc/note 82)

$set_active_window("Schematic#1");

//  Note: Executing $GENERIC13/userware/da_ic/schematic.dofile (from: Capture/gdc/note 99)

//  Fail:

//  License request for icarch feature failed (from: Core/licensing/MGLS_run 03)

//  License request for Pyxis Schematic failed.

All the environment variables are set and do not differ from the ones set on the working computers. The license seems to be working and it is available on all the computers. Here is the mgls_ok command output on the computer where Pyxis isn't working (license is granted for icarch and pyxschematic_c):

$ mgls_ok -pd 1997.07 icarch

Checking availability of "icarch".

License granted through "pyxschematic_c".

And here is part of the lmstat -a command output:

lmstat - Copyright (c) 1989-2008 Acresso Software Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Flexible License Manager status on Fri 12/11/2015 14:55

License server status: 1717@mentor-server

License file(s) on mentor-server: C:\MentorGraphics\lic\license.dat:

mentor-server: license server UP (MASTER) v11.10

Vendor daemon status (on mentor-server):

mgcld: UP v11.10

Feature usage info:

Users of acctree:  (Total of 30 licenses issued;  Total of 0 licenses in use)

Almost forgot to mention: the MGLS_DEBUG_LOG is the same for the working and non-working computers.

If anyone has any suggestions or advice, please comment. I can send any other logs or info if needed.

P.S. I know we are using outdated license software, but we would like to keep it that way for now (if possible).

P.S. Also sorry for my English.