1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 29, 2015 12:52 PM by Community_Admin

How do I add an obstruct to a custom RF shape?

larry.brown

I have run across a operation issue that I need assistance on. I create custom RF shapes all the time but usually are the simple type with conductive-shapes and nodes. Now I have a need for a more complex shape which will need additional vias and obstructs. The documentation below states that vias and obstructs are acceptable:

Standard RF shapes

• Plane and conductive shapes
      • Obstructs (Trace, Trace & Via, Via, Plane, and Placement/Pad)
      • User-placed vias
      • Fixed shapes
      • Stitch contour property

The "Creating a Custom RF Shape" instructions below also mention adding these features:

10. If required, add other elements to the RF shape from the list of allowed elements. For example other RF shapes and obstructs.

So, here is my question: How do I add a via and/or obstruct? The documentation does not elaborate on how to do this!

Your detailed instructions on the missing steps to achieve this is appreciated.

LB

• 1. Re: How do I add an obstruct to a custom RF shape?
          Community_Admin

Larry - I just noticed your question. Thanks for posting it. This area of the communities is for questions on the communities in general, and/or suggestions for how to make them better. Product and design-specific questions will have greater visibility in their appropriate community. However, I can't tell by reading your post which product it pertains to. Let me know and I will move it so it gets greater readership/response. Thanks.

1 of 1 people found this helpful