2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2016 10:39 PM by rafiiai

user define layout layer not update ?

rafiiai

hello

i have a problem when i update cell user define layer in central library

the cell layer in  board layout not update .

i need to open  the cell  in edit mode in board layout   and  save it to view the user define layer change in  board layout.

i try to replace all the cell from the central library - not working.

i try to delete the user define layer in layout and replace all the cell from the central library- not working.

i try to forward/back annotate update/rebuild local library- not working.

how i update board layout local library cell from central library  - user define layer cell  update.

thanks

Rafi

• 1. Re: user define layout layer not update ?
          Jerry_Suiter

Hello,

You did not indicate the release your using since 7.9.X and VX releases work a little differently in this area.  Also, you did not say what objects on the user layer that are not updated.

However commonly when I have seen this issue it has to do with Text strings.  by default xPCB will retain Text locations when cells are updated in layout based on library changes.  This is to ensure the work done to improve the text locations for RefDes and Drawings that are instance specific do not get wiped out during an update.  For text you must open ECO->Replace Cell and do a reset with the option "Keep text attributers during replace" deselected.

Regards,

Jerry Suiter

• 2. Re: user define layout layer not update ?
            rafiiai

hello

i using  VX 1.1 run on windows7 64 bit

for example :

change user layer name in central library cell - it's not update in board layout.

change refdes text line width.

thanks