1) Make sure PADS Layout is closed.
2) Locate the powerpcb.ini file. It is default placed in C:\MentorGraphics\PADSVX.1.2\SDD_HOME\Programs\
3) Open powerpcb.ini file in a text editor.
4) In the [dialogs] section - look for 'Display Colors Setup - Position='
5) Delete the entire line and - save the .ini file - close the text editor.
6) Open PADS Layout. Now the Display Colors Setup dialog will be placed in a default position in the middle of the screen.
Hope this helps.
Did exactly that, but still no Display Colors Setup dialog box after I re-open PADS layout.
Any other ideas, other than contacting Mentor help?
Assuming that the window actually opens but it goes somewhere out of screen:
- Close and reopen Layout to starts fresh
- Go to Setup->Display Colors
- Now press Alt+space then M
- If the mouse cursor disappears it means that the window is somewhere out of screen. Play with the arrow keys to bring it into view.
- Press Enter when done.
I finally figured it out a few days ago. The display colors screen had gotten stuck somehow in the 2nd display screen, so i set myself to a single display, moved it, saved, and then set back to 2 screens and it worked again. Thanks for the help everyone though!