4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2016 11:44 AM by rflowers

Display Colors Screen Will Not Display!

rflowers

All of the sudden, not sure what happened, SETUP > DISPLAY COLORS will not pull up at all. 

This occurs on any layout file I try to do it on, so it is not isolated to one layout file.

What toggle could have turned this off?

Maybe it is somehow coming up now behind the main screen?  If so, I can't find it by minimizing or closing other screens.

Thanks

Randy Flowers

• 1. Re: Display Colors Screen Will Not Display!
          kbak

Hi

1) Make sure PADS Layout is closed.

2) Locate the powerpcb.ini file. It is default placed in C:\MentorGraphics\PADSVX.1.2\SDD_HOME\Programs\

3) Open powerpcb.ini file in a text editor.

4) In the [dialogs] section - look for 'Display Colors Setup - Position='

5) Delete the entire line and - save the .ini file - close the text editor.

6) Open PADS Layout. Now the Display Colors Setup dialog will be placed in a default position in the middle of the screen.

Hope this helps.

regards Klaus

• 2. Re: Display Colors Screen Will Not Display!
            rflowers

Did exactly that, but still no Display Colors Setup dialog box after I re-open PADS layout. 

Any other ideas, other than contacting Mentor help?

Thanks

Randy

• 3. Re: Display Colors Screen Will Not Display!
              benradu

Assuming that the window actually opens but it goes somewhere out of screen:

- Close and reopen Layout to starts fresh

- Go to Setup->Display Colors

- Now press Alt+space then M

- If the mouse cursor disappears it means that the window is somewhere out of screen. Play with the arrow keys to bring it into view.

- Press Enter when done.

• 4. Re: Display Colors Screen Will Not Display!
                rflowers

I finally figured it out a few days ago.  The display colors screen had gotten stuck somehow in the 2nd display screen, so i set myself to a single display, moved it, saved, and then set back to 2 screens and it worked again.  Thanks for the help everyone though!

Randy