3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2016 7:42 AM by jayson.h.harames

How to use antipad as route keepout?

newbee

Hi,

How can be use the antipad as route keepouts using a script?

Thnx,

Guru

• 1. Re: How to use antipad as route keepout?
          jayson.h.harames

It which tool?  The best way to prevent this problem is better set up in layout.  If you want to prevent traces from crossing anti pads increase the distance from traces to VIA, Pad and so on.  Better to prevent an error than check for presence of error during post layout reviews.

But I assume you are asking because you have seen issues during review.  Again rather than develop new scripts and automation, the original layout tool can have its constraint tightened and you can use DRC to find the issues quick and easy.  That being said HypDRC can already flag nets over anitpads without needing scripts.

Please clarify your question or add more detail.

• 2. Re: How to use antipad as route keepout?
            newbee

Hi jay,

Thanks for your response. I requested for pads layout in a particular through hole pins that I need to have its antipad as same as route keepout to prevent crossing the gnd void referenc of a signal traces.

Is there any script available?

Thanks

Guru

• 3. Re: How to use antipad as route keepout?
              jayson.h.harames

I don't think you need a script.  Increase your constraint from trace to pad.  Although I am not a Pads user, every Cad tool I have used has the ability to define obstructs to deal with the problem you face.  You may find better responses in the Pads community.

Good luck.